The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

do i have a chance at kcl law?

So KCL law requirements are 35 with 766 in ib and I got predicted a 36 with 776. My counsellor told me that my personal statement was outstanding where I spoke about my internship shadowing a Supreme Court lawyer. however, my lnat results were disastrous as I got a 17/42 and while I thought that my essay was pretty good I'm having serious doubts now. I did get offers from the university of Law and uni of Birmingham but kcl has always been my dream school. should i give up hope for kcl ?
I‘d say your chances are pretty good, still!
You exceed the entry requirements & I feel as though the shadowing part might play a significant role!
How did you come to attain that opportunity?
And may I enquire your age?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I don't see what good giving up hope would do you. You want me to tell you that you've got no chance in hell so you can sit there and wallow before you even get a decision? I've just had my offer from KCL for PPL. My LNAT score was admittedly higher than yours, but my academics were absolutely inferior to yours. Your academic strengths will supplement what might not have been a perfect LNAT. Best of luck.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Gabjeeto
I don't see what good giving up hope would do you. You want me to tell you that you've got no chance in hell so you can sit there and wallow before you even get a decision? I've just had my offer from KCL for PPL. My LNAT score was admittedly higher than yours, but my academics were absolutely inferior to yours. Your academic strengths will supplement what might not have been a perfect LNAT. Best of luck.

what was your lnat
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
what was your lnat

I got 34.
Reply 5
Original post by victoriasapply
I‘d say your chances are pretty good, still!
You exceed the entry requirements & I feel as though the shadowing part might play a significant role!
How did you come to attain that opportunity?
And may I enquire your age?

Ah... so my school has this program where a few of the ib yr 2 students are paired up with a proffessional - in the feild that they wants to pursue in the future - for a summer internship. The proffessionals are usually connected to the school, they could be alumni's, relatives of students, ex-students, teachers etc. The lawyer that I was shadowing was actually the uncle of one of the alumni's. Also I'm 17 now but was 16 at the time.
Reply 6
Original post by Gabjeeto

Thanks for the luck, I'm gonna need it. If you dont mind me asking, are you a home student or an international student ?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thanks for the luck, I'm gonna need it. If you dont mind me asking, are you a home student or an international student ?

Home student, non contextual.
Rejected for KCL with lnat 26 (reason being lnat score), not suprised at all as same happened last year with same reason with 27

Quick Reply

Latest