The Student Room Group

Dating

Okay so... This is gonna be a lot but

How do I start dating as someone who is in their mid 20s, very much not self-confident but wanting a relationship, someone with trust issues but also somehow an immense amount of loyalty, avoidant issues but is clingy.. Who has actually been in therapy but is just so damn insecure their whole life is an oxymoron? I am very self-aware, I know that I have issues like avoidance and attachment issues, I am able to work on them with a willing partner but I am so scared and so insecure I don't know how to put myself out there..

I'd honestly rate myself at like a 5/6 out of 10.
Reply 1
Start work on your insecurities immediately by never using that last line of your post ever again! There are no 'scores out of 10', despite what some people would have you believe, because who sets the standards? Plus someone who finds you attractive won't think like that.

How's your social circle? Build it up and begin by being friends with girls. Learn to have a conversation with them. You are better off learning to trust others when there isn't quite so much at stake and find out how you react to situations before you get more seriously involved with anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending