The Student Room Group

Going on a date with a girl first time EVER, 22F

going on a date with a girl, first time EVER helppp

Hi,

So I am 22f, and might be going on a date for the first time with a girl, I don’t have many experience of going on dates, literally only been on one date with a man in 2021.

Going on a date with girl seems complicated, since there are no gender roles, which is a good thing. But I don’t know how to go about picking a place, for example we are thinking of going to an art gallery but I don’t know which one to pick, so I asked her which ones she has been to?

Is this okay to do?

Update, she said that she has been to couple but she is working on the day so we ll just have dinner instead, on her bio it said she likes sushi and eats everything but I don’t like sushi. I am going to look for some places.

I just don’t know, should I tell her this is my first ever date with a girl ? I don’t want to scare her away, we are both just looking for something casual, but I have heard people are hesitant when you haven’t been on dates before with a girl.

I am worried that she will lose interest and the date won’t even happen in the first place, I feel like I am boring her. Yes I am incredibly insecure about my personality.

My lack of experience with dating doesn’t help either. I am kind of a quiet person and sometimes when I talk to people I have nothing to say, imagine if it’s super awkward, I know dates are awkward in the first place, still scary!

Being bisexual has been complicated for me , I don’t even want to think about who I want to end up with, but my counsellor said I should go on a date, it doesn’t have to be something serious, and that I shouldn’t ignore the “liking girl” part of it. Anyways I have been wanting to go a date with girl for a while, I think it would help me figure things out, when I kissed that man in 2021 I literally felt nothing.

Just give me any advice you have please!!
If you think conversation might be awkward, then to something 'activity-based'. Maybe with a little adrenaline:
- any sports activities you might have in common. Or maybe one of you can try something new that the other likes?
- gaming, if you're into it (there are various games bars in London for example you can go to, have some drinks, and just mash buttons on a controller)

Those are my ideas.
Original post by NonIndigenous
If you think conversation might be awkward, then to something 'activity-based'. Maybe with a little adrenaline:
- any sports activities you might have in common. Or maybe one of you can try something new that the other likes?
- gaming, if you're into it (there are various games bars in London for example you can go to, have some drinks, and just mash buttons on a controller)

Those are my ideas.

She doesn’t have time basically we meeting after her work, so just grabbing dinner. We are going to a Japanese restaurant. It’s Friday and from tomorrow I know I’ll start worrying about it. Kinda feel like I should cancel because I think she might not like me in person or something. She said we can ice skating for another day when we both off. **** sake, I wish that I could be like other people who are just confident in themselves.
Reply 3
Personally I would tell her about it being your first date with a girl - if she's understanding she'll know you're nervous and on the day would take that into account. Also I doubt you're boring her. I think it's just you worrying and that isn't how she feels. If she did feel that, I doubt you would have got as far as arranging a date. It happens to everyone, don't worry.

Good luck with your date! 🫡

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending