The Student Room Group

No Offers from Universities

I have applied to four universities and sent my personal statement before the deadline. So far I have only heard back from one, a conditional in my least favourite location. Someone I know has applied to one I also applied to and has heard back from them recently and must go in to have a look around next week. I don't understand why my personal statement just isn't getting any responses. I have good grades, 120 UCAS points right now, and experience in what I have applied for, my PS was pretty good. I keep getting calls from phone numbers in the locations of each university, so I assume it's them, but I'm too afraid to pick up. And also everyone I know didn't get a phone call, just an email, so I'm confused as to why that's happening? Just email me! I'm way too anxious for this!! What should I do? I'm getting very disheartened and it's looking like I'm not even going to end up doing university at all at this point.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by OingoBoingo1979
I have applied to four universities and sent my personal statement before the deadline. So far I have only heard back from one, a conditional in my least favourite location. Someone I know has applied to one I also applied to and has heard back from them recently and must go in to have a look around next week. I don't understand why my personal statement just isn't getting any responses. I have good grades, 120 UCAS points right now, and experience in what I have applied for, my PS was pretty good. I keep getting calls from phone numbers in the locations of each university, so I assume it's them, but I'm too afraid to pick up. And also everyone I know didn't get a phone call, just an email, so I'm confused as to why that's happening? Just email me! I'm way too anxious for this!! What should I do? I'm getting very disheartened and it's looking like I'm not even going to end up doing university at all at this point.

Omg please do not worry! If you’ve applied for more competitive universities or courses they are likely to spend longer deciding, for example law from the top schools often doesn’t reply until late March/april. If they haven’t just sent a straight rejection they are still considering you. Also I would pick up the phone calls - could be the university needing to verify something in your application, which could explain the lack of offers
Reply 2
Stop over-thinking all of this, you will drive yourself nuts.
All Unis have different processes and different timelines.
They will make a decision about your application as soon as they can.

Well, step 1 would be to pick up the phone!

Perhaps you forgot to provide some key information, and the universities would very much like to make you an offer but can't because of this. They've been calling and calling but can't get hold of you.
Reply 4

If having someone there with you whilst you answer the phone would make the ordeal a lot easier then I’d suggest that.
Like someone else has said it could be the uni’s calling to verify something.

You won’t know unless you answer and though it’s daunting don’t let a call dishearten you from your potential!

You’re asking for answers but won’t let yourself receive them because they’re not in the way you’d want them, so you gotta break out of your comfort zone

You’ve got this! Don’t fret !
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 5
Really don't worry! I applied in September with 5 A* predictions (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Computer Science and EPQ) `nd near perfect GCSE grades (8 9s and 2 8s) and I've had 4 decisions back (Cambridge rejection but offers from the Imperial, Edinburgh and Manchester) but I'm still waiting on Durham. Loads of people have had Durham CS offers on TSR and there has been one at my school as well but there are 5 other CS applicants (myself included) who haven't heard a word from them. Now, I'm starting to wait more patiently now because I've realised worrying doesn't really solve anything. It won't speed up the decision making process so stop worrying and when it comes, it will come.

You might not like the location of the one university you have an offer from but please wait! I'm sure you'll get all of your offers back soon. They have until May 16th to get back to you so until then, focus on smashing your A levels. Who knows? You may even get a chance to apply to even better places that you like through clearing if you do really well!

Good luck, my friend!
Did you put your school/college email address on your ucas application?
If so then they’re probably blocking emails from your universities.

Change your address on ucas and email all of your universities admissions teams to notify them of the change and ask them to resend any emails that might have been missed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending