The Student Room Group

Need help getting into pharmacy school

I am currently taking five subjects (maths, chemistry, biology, modern studies and English). I am planning to take bio and chem into advanced highers and crash higher computing studies and also personal finance.

I am unsure if I will be able to get into pharmacy school and I am seriously doubting myself. I have done work experience in a doctor’s surgery and a dentistry so far and hope to secure a pharmacy work experience during the summer holidays. I am also hoping to apply for a stem leaders programme over the summer. I was a science ambassador for my school last year too.

So my questions for all pharmacy students or even medicine ones; what else should I do? Of course I first need to get the grades but what else can I do to get accepted as I know this is not enough. Should I do sports or join clubs? How can I impress the UCAS people? How do I get an interview? Should I do charity work or a fundraiser? Also what else can I apply for instead of pharmacy as I have 5 things to apply for? What other science/healthcare courses can I do in university which don’t require a UCAT?

If anyone has any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending