The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham or Warwick for maths?

Trying to choose a maths course between Warwick and Durham. Noticed Durham has lowered in rankings for maths. Any views?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Trying to choose a maths course between Warwick and Durham. Noticed Durham has lowered in rankings for maths. Any views?
Between the two, I would 1000% go for Warwick just on the course. Durham has a new facility for Maths but the Maths department at Warwick is extremely well regarded and they're committed to delivering a quality education to the point of it comparing to Oxbridge standard for Maths.

Durham is great, don't get me wrong, but I think that Warwick has better rep. That being said, if you want to be part of a close-knit collegiate system, I would recommend Durham.

In addition to the course, it will be worth your while visiting the two places to see what you think of them. While I can comment on what I think of the department at Durham (since Maths and CS share the same building), I think you should see for yourself through doing some research because I don't want to influence your choice with my own opinions too much, not to mention that I didn't actually go to Warwick so I can't say what it's like there. My friend has Warwick and Durham offers too and she's going for Warwick.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest