The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham or Warwick for maths?

Trying to choose a maths course between Warwick and Durham. Noticed Durham has lowered in rankings for maths. Any views?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Trying to choose a maths course between Warwick and Durham. Noticed Durham has lowered in rankings for maths. Any views?
Between the two, I would 1000% go for Warwick just on the course. Durham has a new facility for Maths but the Maths department at Warwick is extremely well regarded and they're committed to delivering a quality education to the point of it comparing to Oxbridge standard for Maths.

Durham is great, don't get me wrong, but I think that Warwick has better rep. That being said, if you want to be part of a close-knit collegiate system, I would recommend Durham.

In addition to the course, it will be worth your while visiting the two places to see what you think of them. While I can comment on what I think of the department at Durham (since Maths and CS share the same building), I think you should see for yourself through doing some research because I don't want to influence your choice with my own opinions too much, not to mention that I didn't actually go to Warwick so I can't say what it's like there. My friend has Warwick and Durham offers too and she's going for Warwick.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending