The Student Room Group

btec subject in uni

Hi, so currently im in year 12 and I have chosen btec health and social care, sociology and epq for nursing at kings college, but I feel like I should be taking bio and psych instead of h&sc. Which one would increase my chances into getting into kcl?
Original post by hazminuhh
Hi, so currently im in year 12 and I have chosen btec health and social care, sociology and epq for nursing at kings college, but I feel like I should be taking bio and psych instead of h&sc. Which one would increase my chances into getting into kcl?

According to their website https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/nursing-with-registration-as-an-adult-nurse-bsc;
BTEC/CTEC Level 3 Diploma (120 credits) with overall grade DM in either Health & Social Care or Applied Science, and one A level at grade B (from Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Psychology) so although the BTEC should be okay, they may not accept Sociology. +Five GCSEs at grade 4/C including English Language, Mathematics and Science. They also state that; We do not consider the EPQ at any point of the assessment process. Your best bet is to email them now and ask them if your courses are acceptable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending