The Student Room Group

Rejected from KCL law due to 'uncompetitive' LNAT

I have unfortunately just received a message from KCL saying that my application has been made unsuccessful. In the message, they said their reasoning was my 'uncompetitive' admissions test score.

I got 29 in my LNAT, which whilst that is not a record or anything, is a strong score as the average for the test is 23, and the average for a KCL acceptance being around 26/27.

I was just wondering if anybody has any guess as to why they have used this as their reason? They had trouble recieving my score in the first place which prompted me to send them a message to confirm they received my score correctly, which they have not replied to. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated 👍
Reply 1
hello- so sorry about kcl, your lnat score is well above average! this year i have seen lots of non-contextual home students being rejected due to an ‘uncompetitive’ lnat score- it’s not just you. i think they’re being quite harsh this year with the lnat to try and equate to lse and ucl, since in previous years their average has been around the 27 mark. i personally haven’t applied to kings- i’m still waiting on lse and ucl, but good luck with your other unis!!
Reply 2
Original post by henry345345
I have unfortunately just received a message from KCL saying that my application has been made unsuccessful. In the message, they said their reasoning was my 'uncompetitive' admissions test score.

I got 29 in my LNAT, which whilst that is not a record or anything, is a strong score as the average for the test is 23, and the average for a KCL acceptance being around 26/27.

I was just wondering if anybody has any guess as to why they have used this as their reason? They had trouble recieving my score in the first place which prompted me to send them a message to confirm they received my score correctly, which they have not replied to. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated 👍
home student? cut-off like last year was 30. for internationals, lower. why? international fees.
Reply 3
Original post by MAKER12
home student? cut-off like last year was 30. for internationals, lower. why? international fees.
Yeah I'm a home student. I live in Spain so lots of my friends are getting into the top unis with very average grades...
Reply 4
Original post by henry345345

I had the exact same thing this year happen - 29 LNAT score and rejected for it being ‘uncompetitive’. Unfortunately it seems KCL are rejecting any home students who have a score of under 30 :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Bliss24
I had the exact same thing this year happen - 29 LNAT score and rejected for it being ‘uncompetitive’. Unfortunately it seems KCL are rejecting any home students who have a score of under 30 :frown:
Very frustrating ☹️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending