The Student Room Group

Spanish law degree?

Hi, I am currently in year 13 and want to apply for Law with Spanish Law at KCL in which you earn two law degrees (LLB and Grade en Derecho)? Is it worth it to do this as I would like to work at an international law firm?
(edited 2 days ago)
Reply 1
Original post by uheoaisdaose
Hi, I am currently in year 13 and want to apply for Law with Spanish Law at KCL in which you earn two law degrees (LLB and Grade en Derecho)? Is it worth it to do this as I would like to work in Spain? Or would it maybe create better employment oportunities in the UK as a solicitor? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated

Hey did you end up applying?
Reply 2
Original post by leoq
Hey did you end up applying?

Yes, at KCL
Reply 3
Yes, at KCL
Have you received the ‘application has been sent to our partner university’ message on Kings apply?
Reply 4
Original post by flecha06
Have you received the ‘application has been sent to our partner university’ message on Kings apply?
Yes!! Have you applied too?
Reply 5
Yes!! Have you applied too?
Yes!
Reply 6
Yes!
omg no way I literally have not been able to find anyone applying for this course, are you a native speaker?
Reply 7
omg no way I literally have not been able to find anyone applying for this course, are you a native speaker?
Same😂, spanish is my mother tongue. Hbu?
Reply 8
Same😂, spanish is my mother tongue. Hbu?
Nice! Nope, I just take it for a level and love it aha. Do you think the application being sent to the other uni is a good sign? Also, how was your lnat- I am a bit worried about mine being too low.
Reply 9
Nice! Nope, I just take it for a level and love it aha. Do you think the application being sent to the other uni is a good sign? Also, how was your lnat- I am a bit worried about mine being too low.
I hope so but honestly I have no idea, what do you think? I got really low, 23, so I’m also worried about my lnat. How was yours?
Reply 10
I got 25, I was initially so worried as sm people got rejected due to lnats lower than 30 for the LLB course- but I think they weigh it differently for non traditional law courses? I hope we get our decisions soon!
Reply 11
I got 25, I was initially so worried as sm people got rejected due to lnats lower than 30 for the LLB course- but I think they weigh it differently for non traditional law courses? I hope we get our decisions soon!
I suppose they’ll weigh it differently as they will have a much smaller cohort of applicants. According to PF’s website there are 15-20 spaces for the course so I’m not sure if this will affect how they weigh the lnat. I think Spanish people don’t apply to uni until summer so, in theory, PF will only have to look at the applications from this course. Hopefully this means they’ll come soon!
Reply 12
I suppose they’ll weigh it differently as they will have a much smaller cohort of applicants. According to PF’s website there are 15-20 spaces for the course so I’m not sure if this will affect how they weigh the lnat. I think Spanish people don’t apply to uni until summer so, in theory, PF will only have to look at the applications from this course. Hopefully this means they’ll come soon!
Ahhh amazing, thank you for this info! Good luck on your application, keep me updated! :smile:
Reply 13
Ahhh amazing, thank you for this info! Good luck on your application, keep me updated! :smile:
Will do, good luck to you too!
Has anyone received an offer for this course yet?
Reply 15
Has anyone heard back from them yet?
Original post by leoq
Has anyone heard back from them yet?

not yet :frown: this is stressing me out
Original post by 17yyous
not yet :frown: this is stressing me out

I got an offer on Wednesday, im sure there still sending them out!
I got an offer on Wednesday, im sure there still sending them out!

omg congratulations !! this has given me hope 🤞🏽
Reply 19
just got rejected 😄 thanks LNAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending