The Student Room Group

Economics A-Level Pros and Cons?

Is there a lot of content to memorise/revise? Is it difficult to revise for? Does the subject rely on a good teacher to be able to get good grades?
Reply 1
Original post by starsandsariel
Is there a lot of content to memorise/revise? Is it difficult to revise for? Does the subject rely on a good teacher to be able to get good grades?

There is a lot of content but it’s not like you have to memorise dates/statistics/numbers etc it’s more like knowledge but in my opinion it’s quite easy to remember stuff as long as you keep on top of work. I would say revision isn’t too hard the thing you have to focus on is applying knowledge to essays and essay structure which can be practiced. it’s important to also keep up to date with stuff in the news and just things that are happening in the world rn as well as in the past (eg covid and how that affected economies). As far as teachers go it is obvs better to have a good teacher because they can mark practice questions you do and help with anything but there’s lots of good resources for econ such as econplusdal on youtube. it’s a really interesting subject and if you enjoy it you shouldn’t have a problem with it.
Original post by tildaox

There is a lot of content but it’s not like you have to memorise dates/statistics/numbers etc it’s more like knowledge but in my opinion it’s quite easy to remember stuff as long as you keep on top of work. I would say revision isn’t too hard the thing you have to focus on is applying knowledge to essays and essay structure which can be practiced. it’s important to also keep up to date with stuff in the news and just things that are happening in the world rn as well as in the past (eg covid and how that affected economies). As far as teachers go it is obvs better to have a good teacher because they can mark practice questions you do and help with anything but there’s lots of good resources for econ such as econplusdal on youtube. it’s a really interesting subject and if you enjoy it you shouldn’t have a problem with it.

I agree. There isn't much for me to include. OP should have gotten an idea about what economics is like through your answer.

Quick Reply

Latest