The Student Room Group

JCQ response to malpractice

Forgot to take my phone out my pocket 😭 an invigilator pointed it out 6 minutes into my exam, had to write a statement that’s been sent off to JCQ (exam board) anyone know how long they take to respond with a decision
(edited 11 months ago)
how did they see the phone??? also im not sure what the consequences, i think u should check online
Reply 2
You can get 0% for the whole paper if you’re unlucky.
Reply 3
Original post by anonymous.2003
how did they see the phone??? also im not sure what the consequences, i think u should check online
I know the consequences, I’m just struggling to find how long they’ll take to tell me what mine is
Reply 4
Original post by Crazy_maths
You can get 0% for the whole paper if you’re unlucky.

Yupppp if you fail this exam you fail the course so would be whack but do you know how long they’ll take to tell me their outcome?
Reply 5
Original post by anonymous.2003

phone was hanging out my pocket on the side the invigilator walks down btw
Reply 6
Original post by srxsin
well they do clearly tell you to check your pockets for things such as phones sooo...

Did i say it’s their fault?😂 I’m just asking how long it’ll take bro
Reply 7
Original post by Jack_mcgo
Forgot to take my phone out my pocket 😭 an invigilator pointed it out 6 minutes into my exam, had to write a statement that’s been sent off to JCQ (exam board) anyone know how long they take to respond with a decision

Any updates? 😭 It may have happened to me yesterday and I'm in the exact same situation.
Reply 8
Original post by A.Fern
Any updates? * It may have happened to me yesterday and I'm in the exact same situation.
Oh no* na they’re still looking into it I’ll let you know, I ain’t got high hopes to be fair
Reply 9
Oh no�* na they’re still looking into it I’ll let you know, I ain’t got high hopes to be fair

Neither, I handed myself in though when I realised I had it so my hope is the
Reply 10
Original post by LunaBraun
any updates in a similar situation:frown:

Gave me 0 marks for the paper and now I failed my whole course unless i resit it, but just settled at a foundation year at uni , not giving them satisfaction of paying for their exam
Reply 11
Original post by A.Fern
Neither, I handed myself in though when I realised I had it so my hope is the

Ended up refusing to mark my paper lol
Gave me 0 marks for the paper and now I failed my whole course unless i resit it, but just settled at a foundation year at uni , not giving them satisfaction of paying for their exam

Have you secured your place for the foundation year?

I'm not going to berate you for the mistake as I'm sure you've done that to yourself enough. But one thing I will say is you won't make that mistake again...
Reply 13
Original post by 04MR17
Have you secured your place for the foundation year?

I'm not going to berate you for the mistake as I'm sure you've done that to yourself enough. But one thing I will say is you won't make that mistake again...

Yup I have, I’ve also decided though that it was taken off me 6 minutes into a 3 HOUR EXAM, phone was turned off with screen time evidence to prove, my grandads funeral was a couple days before and had ended a toxic relationship night before so wasn’t in best of focus. They knew I had distinctions in all my other units and that I needed this for uni so I think the decision to not mark it is stupid. There were 4 questions - each one worth 15. Even if they didn’t mark one lquestions and kept three that would’ve been fine. My teachers didn’t even let me know they didn’t appeal. They told me now when the decision was made 31st may. Is what it is but just frustrating. Yes I’ve been accepted and my place is confirmed for foundation year, they used my predicted grades and grades from first year. Going to look at retaking privately

Quick Reply

Latest