The Student Room Group

New uni wants old uni reference

Hi guys,

So I studied the first year at X university and really struggled, because I hated the subject, had no money, and had a lot of social problems and struggled with loneliness and had huge issues with the uni administration who caused me a lot of problems. Because of all these issues i didnt do well in that first year.
I have now reapplied to new universities to start again, this time for a completely different subject which I know I want to do and I am very confident about and have planned things and I will be living at home this time so it will be much better for me.
However the new universities are asking for my academic transcript. The problem is I had all these issues which affected my studies, and also it was a completely different subject which I hated and did not want to study, and my grades weren't great and are not a reflection of my capability and I know this for a fact. So what can I do?
Have you mentioned the reasons for poor grades/etc in your personal statement? They likely just want the transcript to see whether they can use the RPL (recognition of prior learning) process to transfer any credits across.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Have you mentioned the reasons for poor grades/etc in your personal statement? They likely just want the transcript to see whether they can use the RPL (recognition of prior learning) process to transfer any credits across.
No i really didnt have any space, but my tutor did mention my issues in the ucas reference.
Reply 3
i think u should be fine tbh, just explain your circumstances

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending