The Student Room Group

New uni wants old uni reference

Hi guys,

So I studied the first year at X university and really struggled, because I hated the subject, had no money, and had a lot of social problems and struggled with loneliness and had huge issues with the uni administration who caused me a lot of problems. Because of all these issues i didnt do well in that first year.
I have now reapplied to new universities to start again, this time for a completely different subject which I know I want to do and I am very confident about and have planned things and I will be living at home this time so it will be much better for me.
However the new universities are asking for my academic transcript. The problem is I had all these issues which affected my studies, and also it was a completely different subject which I hated and did not want to study, and my grades weren't great and are not a reflection of my capability and I know this for a fact. So what can I do?
Have you mentioned the reasons for poor grades/etc in your personal statement? They likely just want the transcript to see whether they can use the RPL (recognition of prior learning) process to transfer any credits across.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Have you mentioned the reasons for poor grades/etc in your personal statement? They likely just want the transcript to see whether they can use the RPL (recognition of prior learning) process to transfer any credits across.
No i really didnt have any space, but my tutor did mention my issues in the ucas reference.
i think u should be fine tbh, just explain your circumstances

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending