The Student Room Group

Do I need 3 months experience for a PGCE?

I am looking at salaried teacher training courses. All seem to require 3 months of experience in an educational setting. Is this really the case or do I still have a shot with no experience?
Original post by Mazziexxxx
I am looking at salaried teacher training courses. All seem to require 3 months of experience in an educational setting. Is this really the case or do I still have a shot with no experience?
Hi @Mazziexxxx

In short, it really depends on the teacher training provider. Some will expect you to have a certain amount of experience and others may require you to have the support of an employing school. The best thing to do is to look at the eligibility requirements and other details for each course here. This link does not show every teacher training course but most will be shown when you search.

It is really helpful to have experience in an educational setting regardless of whether a course specifies an expected amount. Likewise, it is a good idea to consider the different courses carefully and our team would be happy to help you or anyone else who is considering applying for teacher training. We can help you explore the various options that are available to you and we can advise on the most appropriate next steps for you.

If you would like to take advantage of our FREE support (from experienced former teachers) in helping you find the right course for you, by all means get in touch to request an adviser for tailored one to one support click here.

Hope this helps!
Richard
Get Into Teaching

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending