The Student Room Group

when people say the weekend do they mean weeknd?

like the artist
Reply 1
Sorry if this is a dumb question, not trying to be a snob or anything, I grew up only exposed to classical music and recently discovered this artist (last year)
no this is not a dumb question; there is no such thing as a dumb question. when people say weekend they do infact mean the artist,
Hope that asnwered your question!
Reply 3
I personally mean Saturday and Sunday.
Original post by Anonymous #1
like the artist
no
Original post by Anonymous
like the artist

Original post by ismaelishere
no this is not a dumb question; there is no such thing as a dumb question. when people say weekend they do infact mean the artist,
Hope that asnwered your question!

Original post by Anonymous
Sorry if this is a dumb question, not trying to be a snob or anything, I grew up only exposed to classical music and recently discovered this artist (last year)

Moved to Music :music: (seemed like a better fit than the Uni life forum :smile: )

Generally, it depends on the context of the situation. In most cases, when people talk of the weekend, they mean the literal weekend, i.e. Saturday and Sunday. I think if people were talking about the band The Weeknd they would specify they were talking about a band in order to avoid confusion (also the topic of the conversation would be probably be based around music intially.)
Original post by Anonymous #1
like the artist
Weekend to me is spend the night 🌙

Quick Reply

Latest