The Student Room Group

My ex ended things but won't leave me alone?

He broke up with me because he 'couldn't see a future with me', and, 'things were different from when we first started dating.'
I'm not petty about the breakup at all, he has a right to end things afterall. But I was ovbiously shocked and upset, as it was quite out-of-the-blue.

Soon after the breakup, I muted his posts and all of his social media. We were still following eachother, but I couldn't see what he was up to, but he could still see my posts and storys.
I started doing things for myself, which I had wanted to do for a long time, but didn't as he thought it was a waste of money, etc, etc, and I didn't want to upset him.

I was posting these things to my IG story, and adding them to my highlights as I went along posting.

It had been 2 weeks since I had last posted anything on my story, and I got a notification saying that he had liked my story. Sent me down a line of panic for a miniute because I was anxious I had posted something by accident.

Turns out he had liked an old story via a highlight, he had liked a selfie of me with some freshly fitted hair extensions (which was something he was against me doing), with a song playing "Reminder" by the Weeknd.
The lyrics were "Every time you try to forget who I am, I'll be right there to remind you again" (or something, which I had used purposely ngl).

But I thought it was weird by out of everything he could've liked, it was this post. My face, with something he was against, espically with those lyrics. I don't think it was done by mistake, I think it was done purposely.

I didn't like the fact it panicked me, and afterwards I removed him off every social media. It was the best move for me as everytime I then posted, I wasn't overthinking whether he would like it or not.
It had been a few months since I had removed him, and I was doing really well. Then, randomly again, I saw a notification on insta saying he had started following me again.

He had started following me a day before his birthday, so I don't know if he thought I would wish him happy birthday? But he's not messaged me. And I'm defineltly not messaging him.

I don't understand why, despite me completely removing myself from his life, he's doing little things like this? And I don't understand what it means, if anything?
I wouldn't even think of liking his posts out the blue, or refollowing him if he had removed me on social media. I don't have a reason to, so thats why I'm wondering what he's trying to achieve?

I don't have any friends to talk about it with, other then my mum who just says to ignore it. Which I am doing, but I thought I would comment on here to see if anyone else can disect his weird behavior and tell me their opinion on it?

I know that I probably am overthinking it, but its just the fact that himself as a person, he's quite mature. He had good communication, thought of me, had a good work ethic, and overall was a genuine person.
So I don't think he's doing it because he's toxic, or controlling, or anything like that - simply because he wasn't like that when we was together... which is why it confuses me even more.

Does anyone have any opinions on why he's doing things like that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending