The Student Room Group

A level physics

I am very good at physics and find it very easy, even the a level stuff looks easy (watched a few vids) physics just clicks for me. however, i dont particularly enjoy it nor have a deep interest in it. some parts r super cool and interesting but A LOT is dead. i want to pursue medicine. should i take physics to not waste my natural ability or do smth like english lit that i am more passionate about. (im taking bio chem maths on top of these)
Original post by ismaelishere
I am very good at physics and find it very easy, even the a level stuff looks easy (watched a few vids) physics just clicks for me. however, i dont particularly enjoy it nor have a deep interest in it. some parts r super cool and interesting but A LOT is dead. i want to pursue medicine. should i take physics to not waste my natural ability or do smth like english lit that i am more passionate about. (im taking bio chem maths on top of these)
Hi @ismaelishere

I would say go with a subject that you are good at AND enjoy :smile:

If you are passionate about English literature, then I would 100% choose that. It is also very different from the other A Levels you are doing, which gives you an edge and demonstrates variety.

Good luck!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
alright, thank you.

i always saw taking english lit as a sacrifice and something that would hinder me more than anything so it's nice to know that its actually a good thing to have variety. english lit is also academically recognised as rigorous and builds many analytical and critical thinking skills outside STEM.

again, thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest