The Student Room Group

Revising so much and still getting Us

I'm in year 12 rn and I do bio chem and psych at a level and my target grades are BBB but in bio and chem I'm literally averaging Ds. I revise so much and i know its mostly about the quality of the revision more than the quantity but no matter what i do i just can't seem to get the top grades, what am i doing wrong? I watch videos, i do past paper questions, i analyse my end of topic tests to see what i can improve on but nothing works. Any tips?? I'm starting to think I'm just a bit dumb lol
Use savemyexams. they're a lifesaver.
Original post by kimz23
I'm in year 12 rn and I do bio chem and psych at a level and my target grades are BBB but in bio and chem I'm literally averaging Ds. I revise so much and i know its mostly about the quality of the revision more than the quantity but no matter what i do i just can't seem to get the top grades, what am i doing wrong? I watch videos, i do past paper questions, i analyse my end of topic tests to see what i can improve on but nothing works. Any tips?? I'm starting to think I'm just a bit dumb lol
Download a copy of your examboard subject Specification. Then go through each topic in the list of topics.

Also, read the examiners reports, 'scrutinise' the mark schemes, as you will see how the marks are awarded by the examiners and do each past exam paper 3 times. :smile:
Maybe try speaking to your teacher about concerns as when you answer the questions you might have the right answer but not the one the markcheme has or they might have tips about answering questions

Quick Reply

Latest