The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Concerns about Manchester putting me off having it as firm

Hi, I’ve been debating between Manchester and Nottingham primarily for my two options to put down - Politics and Spanish, Politics and American Studies, respectively. Manchester seems to have the better course but I’ve heard a lot of horror stories of the cost of living and accommodation quality there while Nottingham seems a lot nicer with living on campus and catered options. Any thoughts or reassurances about this to better help me choose?
Original post by KiwiNecriat
Hi, I’ve been debating between Manchester and Nottingham primarily for my two options to put down - Politics and Spanish, Politics and American Studies, respectively. Manchester seems to have the better course but I’ve heard a lot of horror stories of the cost of living and accommodation quality there while Nottingham seems a lot nicer with living on campus and catered options. Any thoughts or reassurances about this to better help me choose?

Can you go to offer-holder days to have another look around and you can chat to current students?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Can you go to offer-holder days to have another look around and you can chat to current students?
I've been to one for both and still am quite 50/50 unfortunately haha, asked the Manchester students about accomodation but due to being ambassadors they couldn't explicitly say much but hinted they weren't great.
The newer accommodation at UoM is lovely, but my son's feedback is that he would avoid the old ones like Oak House and Woolton Hall - which I believe are going to be knocked down soon anyway. I guess you can check prices on their websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending