The Student Room Group

Drop out of uni 1st year, avoid fees

Hi,

I know for definite I want to drop out of uni but want to avoid any overpayments and paying back sfe instantly. So when do I tell the uni and sfe I’m leaving and not carrying on, can I when the uni term finishes in may or do I wait till like august time?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Somlu
Hi,

I know for definite I want to drop out of uni but want to avoid any overpayments and paying back sfe instantly. So when do I tell the uni and sfe I’m leaving and not carrying on, can I when the uni term finishes in may or do I wait till like august time?

You final maintenance payment also covers the summer break so to avoid any clawback it would be just prior to start of year 2.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
You final maintenance payment also covers the summer break so to avoid any clawback it would be just prior to start of year 2.
So when would that be like August time, I thought the maintenance loan covers for the time your on the course?
Original post by Somlu
So when would that be like August time, I thought the maintenance loan covers for the time your on the course?

All unis have different term dates so you will need to see when year 2 starts at your uni and then withdraw before then. Maintenance loans do cover holidays too.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
All unis have different term dates so you will need to see when year 2 starts at your uni and then withdraw before then. Maintenance loans do cover holidays too.
I know the term for year 2 starts for teaching/ induction on September 16th. Surely my April loan doesn’t cover April may June July and august, it usually covers 3/4 months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending