The Student Room Group

How to go from 4/5s to 9s?

I did bad in my March mocks, mostly 4/5s can anyone tell me how I can get 8/9s in my real GCSEs? I can start revising everyday and is cgp good or should I use textbook and what about past papers?
memorize key words and include them in every answer on the past paper
be honest to yourself about what topics you don't understand and get them clear ASAP
aim to do at least 2 past papers per day per subject
know your calculations and definitions as they can cost marks, always
time yourself
highlight your mistakes and review the topics that you've got mistakes in
Original post by rastgele biri
be honest to yourself about what topics you don't understand and get them clear ASAP
time yourself
About the textbooks, it's better to use notes from websites like savemyexams because they have summarized the key knowledge and also, they include the exact types of answers you need to have in your exams, and they have everything organized in terms of the topics so whenever you need clarity, just refer to that and hopefully you should be good
PS if you procrastinate, then try to work on that because that used to be an issue with me as well
Original post by rastgele biri
time yourself
2 past papers daily per subject? Do you mean weekly or what how many should I do total
Original post by King716161678
2 past papers daily per subject? Do you mean weekly or what how many should I do total
If that's too much then do at least 1 per day per subject and weekly you should have covered 7 per subject in that case

Quick Reply

Latest