The Student Room Group

November Mock Grades

I recently got my mock results and I got 7s and 6s and in the last mocks I got 4s and 5s
Do you think I can improve from 7s and 6s to 8s and 9s? If so, how
Reply 1
Yes you definitely can improve. I went from getting some 6s and 7s in my mocks to getting all 8s and 9s. The easiest way to improve would be:

Ensure you understand what you are being taught and if you dont understand it, then ask or watch a YouTube video explaining it. There are plenty of YouTube channels out there that explain things in a clearer way to some teachers.

Use spaced repetition to help you remember things that you learnt a while ago. There’s a website: Gizmo.ai which is very good for spaced repetition.

Do practice! I cannot stress enough how important practice is. Use PMT it has loads of questions for all the specs. Use their flash cards, past paper questions on certain topics and even their whole practice papers. Make sure you do some timed practice too as it can help a lot if you struggle with time management in exams

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by HT_3105
Yes you definitely can improve. I went from getting some 6s and 7s in my mocks to getting all 8s and 9s. The easiest way to improve would be:

Ensure you understand what you are being taught and if you dont understand it, then ask or watch a YouTube video explaining it. There are plenty of YouTube channels out there that explain things in a clearer way to some teachers.

Use spaced repetition to help you remember things that you learnt a while ago. There’s a website: Gizmo.ai which is very good for spaced repetition.

Do practice! I cannot stress enough how important practice is. Use PMT it has loads of questions for all the specs. Use their flash cards, past paper questions on certain topics and even their whole practice papers. Make sure you do some timed practice too as it can help a lot if you struggle with time management in exams

Hope this helps :smile:

thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest