The Student Room Group

Nursing placement grades

Can you please tell me how they work out your graded element on placement. I was given positive feedback on my placement and on my final assessment however I was given a grade B. I know this is still a pass but what is it I need to do to attain an A. Where am I going wrong? The other girl on placement with me got an A1 and we were doing the exact same learning and procedures. She had a different mentor/assessor to me. It’s really knocked my confidence as I just don’t understand where I am going wrong. Has this happened to others?
Reply 1
relax you passed the placement. we in scotland dont grade like that any more. its a simple pass or fail. she may have just been seen as more active in learning/ may just be the mentor dont judge your results against others it will always make you feel down.
Reply 2
Original post by paub
relax you passed the placement. we in scotland dont grade like that any more. its a simple pass or fail. she may have just been seen as more active in learning/ may just be the mentor dont judge your results against others it will always make you feel down.
I know comparison is the thief of joy. And your right it’s still a pass. I just wish they would be more specific on the feedback so you know what to do better for the next one. Thanks for responding
Reply 3
more importantly was your final grade higher than your mid point. if the same that would be worrying. any improvement would be positive. the wife in 15 years has referred 2 most have ended with a b or a. the difference can be small a lot is attitude for example seeing something new then reading up on it and asking questions. a b or a is what you should aim for. anything lower then worry.
Reply 4
I never got a grade at mid point just positive feedback that they were happy with my progress. Then final grade gave me a b and again all positive feedback and no indication on what I can improve on. It has been my lowest grade so far across all the placements I have done so that’s probably whats worried me too why my grade is going down.
But thanks for the tips I was good at note taking and studying the learning environment but maybe could have asked more questions. Thanks so much for helping.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending