The Student Room Group

Options pressure

Good morning,
Whenever I speak to a teacher about my A-level options it feels as though all they do is try to get me to take their subject rather than find the best subject for me. Any ideas on how I get around the the teachers just being salespeople for their courses?
(edited 1 month ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Instead of asking them if you should take their subject, try asking them how they would describe the subject and its content , as well as, its relation to the career you want to pursue in the future. If you are not sure what you want to do in the future, look at videos from others on subjects and how they felt about it and see if you personally feel as if it is for you.
Original post by Greenhouse999
Good morning,
Whenever I speak to a teacher about my A-level options it feels as though all they do is try to get me to take their subject rather than find the best subject for me. Any ideas on how I get around the the teachers just being salespeople for their courses?
For my school, teachers were rubbish at explaining the course, they would mainly say things about how other students found it - which were obvbiously good because they picked the course? Just ask them what are some key topics that you will learn in the course and ask them for the exam board so you can look at the syllabus online
Original post by nmaaa
Instead of asking them if you should take their subject, try asking them how they would describe the subject and its content , as well as, its relation to the career you want to pursue in the future. If you are not sure what you want to do in the future, look at videos from others on subjects and how they felt about it and see if you personally feel as if it is for you.
Thankyou this helped a lot
Original post by cherrycosmos
For my school, teachers were rubbish at explaining the course, they would mainly say things about how other students found it - which were obvbiously good because they picked the course? Just ask them what are some key topics that you will learn in the course and ask them for the exam board so you can look at the syllabus online
Thankyou this helped a lot
Right yeah

Quick Reply

Latest