The Student Room Group

Can you get into forensics after a biochemistry degree?

Now before I say anything, I am currently doing Gcse's and would like to be a forensic scientist when I am older (However I am not 100% sure yet). I've been looking at the future about universities and I am quite attracted to Glasgow or edinburgh uni for Bio chemistry. So, if i were to do an undergraduate degree for biochemistry, would i be accepted for forensic science at a post graduate degree?
Reply 1
Original post by har1ey.odell
Now before I say anything, I am currently doing Gcse's and would like to be a forensic scientist when I am older (However I am not 100% sure yet). I've been looking at the future about universities and I am quite attracted to Glasgow or edinburgh uni for Bio chemistry. So, if i were to do an undergraduate degree for biochemistry, would i be accepted for forensic science at a post graduate degree?

You’d be able to do a masters in forensic science or a related forensic discipline! Postgrad forensics usually ask for a 2:2 or 2:1 in a chemistry heavy degree! However to become a CSI you would not need a degree.
Original post by phi04
You’d be able to do a masters in forensic science or a related forensic discipline! Postgrad forensics usually ask for a 2:2 or 2:1 in a chemistry heavy degree! However to become a CSI you would not need a degree.

Thank you. I'm assuming in going the non degree route you'd join the police?
Reply 3
Original post by har1ey.odell
Thank you. I'm assuming in going the non degree route you'd join the police?

Without a degree you can join the police and be trained up to become a CSI. But a forensic degree is best if you wish to go towards another area of forensics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending