The Student Room Group

Wanting to get into a relationship, where do I start?

I'm 22 and relationships have been something that have completely escaped me so far. As a concept it's something so completely out of my league that I'm not even quite sure how they work or where to begin even looking for one. So if I want to finally get into a relationship, what exactly do I even do, as it's something I have completely no experience with at all, so I wouldn't even know where to start.

Scroll to see replies

first of alll do you know any guys/girls that u are intrested in?
Reply 2
Original post by MyLifeNotFound
first of alll do you know any guys/girls that u are intrested in?

No, I don't really know anyone.
Original post by Anonymous
No, I don't really know anyone.

do you work? go school? go college? go uni? give us more detail abt u
Reply 4
do you work? go school? go college? go uni? give us more detail abt u

Just finished my undergrad, now going onto doing a masters in September, however it's fully online. I also do work, but I'm self-employed.
Reply 5
I'm 22 and relationships have been something that have completely escaped me so far. As a concept it's something so completely out of my league that I'm not even quite sure how they work or where to begin even looking for one. So if I want to finally get into a relationship, what exactly do I even do, as it's something I have completely no experience with at all, I wouldn't even know where to start.

First of all, you should find someone in your league. Then, try to be friends with him/her and make sure to know him/her well before proposing to him/her. But even before you go through that phase, give yourself enough room to think whether you're ready to take the shot or not. If you think you're ready, jump there. And you know the rest and what you need to do.

Hope it helps! 😊 Good luck! 🤞🏻
Just finished my undergrad, now going onto doing a masters in September, however it's fully online. I also do work, but I'm self-employed.

oh ok god. hm... do you have any hobbies? like gym? etc.. like places u go and u see people
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Meheraj
First of all, you should find someone in your league. Then, try to be friends with him/her and make sure to know him/her well before proposing to him/her. But even before you go through that phase, give yourself enough room to think whether you're ready to take the shot or not. If you think you're ready, jump there. And you know the rest and what you need to do.

Hope it helps! 😊 Good luck! 🤞🏻

One thing at a time, how do I even find someone, or become friends with them?

u will find ur answer by answering mine
I guess the first thing would be to think how you're going to meet people. It could be online via eg tinder, it could be in person at eg a bar or club, or it could be via a shared interest group either online or in person (gaming, sports, music, etc). It really depends what you're into and the type of person you want to meet.
Original post by furryface12
I guess the first thing would be to think how you're going to meet people. It could be online via eg tinder, it could be in person at eg a bar or club, or it could be via a shared interest group either online or in person (gaming, sports, music, etc). It really depends what you're into and the type of person you want to meet.

yeah i agree.
Reply 11

Look around yourself. You might find him/her. First, you can do what I told you in the previous post. So, try to figure out who's the right person and afterwards you can be a friend of him/her. Later on, others.
Original post by Meheraj
Look around yourself. You might find him/her. First, you can do what I told you in the previous post. So, try to figure out who's the right person and afterwards you can be a friend of him/her. Later on, others.

i also agree with you!
Reply 13
oh ok god. hm... do you have any hobbies? like gym? etc.. like places u go and u see people

No I don't really go anywhere where there's others. Most I do with my time is either work, play games, or just go on walks to my local park alone.
Reply 14
Original post by furryface12

So like where can I meet people then or how? Like what should I actually do?
No I don't really go anywhere where there's others. Most I do with my time is either work, play games, or just go on walks to my local park alone.

hmm....do you see anyone in particular like everytime when u go to the park they are always there?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Meheraj

Again, how exactly do I do any of that?
Reply 17
hmm....do you see anyone in particular like everytime when u go to the park they are always there?

No not really, besides I don't pay much attention to who's there or anything.
No not really, besides I don't pay much attention to who's there or anything.

ok well..... how do you normally meet someone? yk that self employed job may i ask what is it?
Reply 19
ok well..... how do you normally meet someone? yk that self employed job may i ask what is it?

I don't really meet anyone. And for my job I work in journalism and media.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending