The Student Room Group

AS level psychology aqa 8 marker - how do i structure them?

How many points and how many evaluative points should i make? how many paragraphs should i write? thanks :smile:
Original post by jarofstarrz
How many points and how many evaluative points should i make? how many paragraphs should i write? thanks :smile:
For outline and evaluate- It's weighted as 4 marks for AO1 and 4 for AO3. So write a paragraph outlining the theory/procedure, whatever the question is asking then another paragraph evaluating it, weakness and strengths. Do two more similar paragraphs so in total you will have 4 paragraphs, 2 marks per paragraph.

For example: "Outline and evaluate Bowlby's mono-tropic theory of attachment"
Para 1: attachment is an innate system that gives a survival advantage- expand
Para 2: a strength of B's theory is that there is research to support continuity hypothesis and internal working model
Hazan & Shaver (1987), created a love questionnaire… found it difficult to form and maintain relationships and often led to divorce and separation.
Para 3: Furthermore, according to Bowlby, babies have to form an attachment during the critical period- expand
Para 4: this supports the idea that childhood experiences have a significant impact on people's later relationships…
Maybe discuss Nature vs nuture.
Hope that makes sense
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending