The Student Room Group

Is this a good answer to an interview question

describe a project or task where attention to detail was crucial:

In my role as a Customer Service Champion at a Shell petrol station, attention to detail is crucial to prevent drive-offs and ensure the safe handling of substances. With handling a potentially dangerous substances like fuel it is an imperative to remain alert at all times and keep a watchful eye over the forecourt. It is essential that you keep a lookout for any unsuitable containers being filled that could leak and pose a greater risk of fire. Additionally, I paid close attention to behavioural cues from the customer filling their car, such as concealed faces or filling a container through the car window, in order to identify suspicious intent. To aid me in this activity I took extra caution and would write the registration number of the cars who fill up at the back pumps and discard of it when the customer’s transaction had been successful.

like i don't get what else i am meant to say especially when i have very little experience
Reply 1
Reword "With handling a potentially dangerous substances like fuel it is an imperative to remain alert at all times and keep a watchful eye over the forecourt. It is essential that you keep a lookout for any unsuitable containers being filled that could leak and pose a greater risk of fire." You need to make it more personal and state what you do.

Also, were you following procedures by writing down reg numbers? Did you discard them properly?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Reword "With handling a potentially dangerous substances like fuel it is an imperative to remain alert at all times and keep a watchful eye over the forecourt. It is essential that you keep a lookout for any unsuitable containers being filled that could leak and pose a greater risk of fire." You need to make it more personal and state what you do.
Also, were you following procedures by writing down reg numbers? Did you discard them properly?
yes i did discard them properly
It seems fine to me!
Reply 4
Original post by stmkcltrs
yes i did discard them properly
Define 'properly', and were usually allowed to take note of them in the first place?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending