The Student Room Group

Home Office 'Strength-based interview questions.'

Hello everyone,

Have got an interview with Home Office for the role of an Immigration Enforcement Returns Casework Support AO.
According to the job advert, interview is basically 'Strength-based questions.' Examples of Strength based question from someone who has had Home office interview previously will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your response.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, strenght questions are different from behaviour questions and can be something like: What constitutes a good customer service? What helps you to bounce back when you are under pressure? What motivates you at work?
(edited 1 year ago)
Thanks for your response, this is so on point. I eventually had my interview in the early hours of this morning. They did ask what motivates me at work, what I enjoy doing outside work & a couple of other questions. All questions asked were 7 and the 8th question was just ID verification.

Hoping for a favourable outcome.
Reply 3
Original post by greatexfunmi
Thanks for your response, this is so on point. I eventually had my interview in the early hours of this morning. They did ask what motivates me at work, what I enjoy doing outside work & a couple of other questions. All questions asked were 7 and the 8th question was just ID verification.

Whao,that's good to know.Keeping my fingers crossed for a favourable outcome for you.
How mAny questions were there in total and can you remeber any more they asked please? It is Pre recorded how long do we get to answer? feeling very nervous for mine!
Have you done the interview yet am so nervous for mine ?
What did they ask ?
Original post by Omolee
Whao,that's good to know.Keeping my fingers crossed for a favourable outcome for you.

ow mAny questions were there in total and can you remeber any more they asked please? It is Pre recorded how long do we get to answer? feeling very nervous for mine!
Original post by greatexfunmi

Reply 7
Original post by joanneod
ow mAny questions were there in total and can you remeber any more they asked please? It is Pre recorded how long do we get to answer? feeling very nervous for mine!

8 questions in total including the last one asking to show your ID.If you read through the thread the questions mentioned earlier as similar to what was asked. You don't have to be nervous,they were questions easy to answer. And you get 2 minutes for each question
Thank you for replying
I have got myself into such a state over it
Have you done the interview yet am so nervous for mine ?
What did they ask ?

I haven’t done mine yet got until next Monday to do it and my link is not working 😩 I’m use to behaviour questions so don’t know what to expect / prep for this strength based interview. Any one know how long we get to give an answer is it a minute ? X
Original post by SamiraSiddiq
I haven’t done mine yet got until next Monday to do it and my link is not working 😩 I’m use to behaviour questions so don’t know what to expect / prep for this strength based interview. Any one know how long we get to give an answer is it a minute ? X

I have been told it’s 2 mins

Thankyou, any ideas on what questions they asking 🫣xx
Other than what’s been said above no was hoping to get some ideas too
Thank you for replying
I have got myself into such a state over it

Original post by SamiraSiddiq

You both need to have low expectations for this interview - it'll help to put you at ease.

You're both going to be fine.
Reply 14
Hi just wondering what other questions might be asked - is there any about working in a team etc as not sure about strength questions. Any help re this would be most welcome 😊
Reply 15
Other than what’s been said above no was hoping to get some ideas too

Hi sorry to bother but how did the interview go. Was wondering what type of questions they asked, not done any strength questions before so struggling a bit with this .
Reply 16
hi does each question asked need the STAR answer?
Reply 17
Hiya I have not done it as of yet- they are strength questions so don’t think u need to use the star but answer including a short example 😊
Reply 18
Original post by Cornio
hi does each question asked need the STAR answer?

I haven’t done it as of yet but they are all strength questions so think u just answer and include a short example
Reply 19
That’s great! Thanks for your response, have my interview on Tuesday 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending