The Student Room Group

Help my issue please

My boyfriend who has only been my boyfriend for a few weeks has been a little antisocial and not making as much effort as he did during our dating phase, he’s not very communicative and he’s having a small switch up in personality too. It’s a minor switch up and because we are constantly together in uni it’s understandable but it’s just a bit sad when he’s on his phone a little more and not organising dates like he used to and his personality is slightly changing eg. A few more weird jokes. I don’t know how to talk to him about this because he might say it’s not deep and he’s not intentionally acting this way. I don’t know what to do anymore. After something bothers him rather than communicating he shuts off and ignores me or goes to sleep and idk how to feel about it. I also don’t know what I’d even say to him or how to bring this up. I defo wanna talk to him about it though. I understand once you’re official with someone there’s less chase and stuff but idk I’m not sure how I feel anymore. I do really care and like him a lot. We are a university relationship so we spend a big chunk of time together but this week I went home and we went a while without seeing eachother but even today he’s just been a bit off and he hasn’t made a fat effort to talk to me during this week bc the new Fortnite’s out😭😭😭😭
Idk what to do or even if I’m overthinking. I’m thinking abt having a convo or trying to but I need ideas on what to say. If you could help that could be great.
Reply 1
also hey me again, he might blame it on him being tired so idk what to say to that ^^
Sounds like you're more into him than he is into you. He might be into you a little but not nearly as much. That is what is called a power imbalance in a relationship.

So yeah to some extent he doesn't value you or he would be making effort which he isn't. It's your call but odds are you're either going to have to accept the relationship as it is or move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending