The Student Room Group

A Level German Year 1 help (AQA)

I have exams relatively soon on the Year 1 content and honestly it's kinda killing me. I've not started revising vocab - is doing the textbook vocab enough? I've looked at the amount there is and it's honestly doable over the Easter holidays.

I'm so screwed for the passive as well, any tips on how to learn this?

And Jesus Christ the photocards. How is 5 minutes enough?? It's actually crazy. I can't do them and they end up going so so badly. Question 1 is the worst because you HAVE to use all the photocard info but you cant use the wording of the question. I cant do all that in 5 minutes, and my speaking is bad as it is. Any tips on this speaking component, but also the course in general, would be super useful.
I've not done this A Level so I can't help with postcards etc, but with "passive" do you mean passive voice?
Original post by examcrammer156
I have exams relatively soon on the Year 1 content and honestly it's kinda killing me. I've not started revising vocab - is doing the textbook vocab enough? I've looked at the amount there is and it's honestly doable over the Easter holidays.
I'm so screwed for the passive as well, any tips on how to learn this?
And Jesus Christ the photocards. How is 5 minutes enough?? It's actually crazy. I can't do them and they end up going so so badly. Question 1 is the worst because you HAVE to use all the photocard info but you cant use the wording of the question. I cant do all that in 5 minutes, and my speaking is bad as it is. Any tips on this speaking component, but also the course in general, would be super useful.

Im doing A level French so can help in terms of structuring revision:

generally only textbook vocab is alright but I recommend looking on memrise and quizlet to find sets that other people have made, as it will save you a lot of time and also can tend to include a lot of extra vocab from around the topic

For grammar and translation I recommend: AQA AS/A Level German grammar and translation workbook (https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Level-German-Translation-Workbook/dp/0198415540) I used this book for French and it helped me a lot

Photocard: do not waste time writing full sentences - bullet points are better. for Q1, you don't have to reword the whole of the text, you can still use some of it (obviously do not copy all of it). use the time to think about the 2 questions you need to ask the examiner rather than waiting until the end of the exam. also spend more time on Q2 and 3 as they need more of your opinion and the facts/stats that you've learnt

Original post by Professor L
I've not done this A Level so I can't help with postcards etc, but with "passive" do you mean passive voice?

Yeah, sorry
Original post by examcrammer156
Yeah, sorry

And is there a specific part of passive voice that confuses you? Just so I know where to start explaining from :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending