The Student Room Group

SFE help - Student Finance for Independent Students - previous employment details

Hi,
I am working on providing my evidence for my application (proof of employment 3 yrs prior the start of the course) and there is a discrepancy with one of my jobs’ end date (P45 says 16/12 and letter from employer says 30/12. In my application I have written the P45 info, however I am confused whether the letter will be accepted, with a different end date. Would this be a problem if submitted? From this employer I can only provide a letter.

One of my other employers, in their letter, have entered a different salary than what I’ve been earning when I worked with them, however, they did mention the date when that increase in salary had taken place - about half way through my assignment, but even then I still did not earn that much. (For this particular one, I have also got the payslips, so I would probably submit those instead, as they show an accurate representation of my salary).

Furthermore, it is very difficult to manually enter your salary when asked for it, as it fluctuates from week to week/month to month based on the overtime and holiday taken, thus I am asking how important is it that these figures are exact, when we enter them manually, compared with what’s on the payslip/letter of employment?
I have tried to be as exact as possible, however, some figures were more of an aproximation. Would this cause any problems with my application?

On the other hand, My first employer would cover me for the three years, however, on my application when asked for general previous employment I felt like the right thing to do would be to provide all of my employment history which covers about 5 -6 years (this has been submitted). In terms of evidence, would you say that only the three years’ should be covered or am I ok to provide more than that, “just in case”? I was going to cover about 3.5 -4 years with the evidence above.

Many thanks in advance.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending