EPQ edexcel help (with discussion)

i'm on the discussion part of my epq but i'm absolutely baffled
i don't know how to start it and what to include in it

any help would be greatly appreciated
Original post by dooby_boss
i'm on the discussion part of my epq but i'm absolutely baffled
i don't know how to start it and what to include in it
any help would be greatly appreciated

have you got a plan? go to your project proposal and find the areas you said you would cover and think about the different approaches you could take to cover those areas and what would the different things you need to do in order to cover them

once you have split those areas into subsections, assign the amount of time you need to do each of those and note it down(this helps with your ao1)

a strategy you could use to actually get writing is as follows:

1) bullet point out what you’re saying for each topic, can copy from notes (look at what you’ve researched, some other existing literature that does something similar to what ur doing, reaaaaally stuck, then ask chat gpt or something “what are some points covering x” and see if that sparks some ideas DO NOT USE THOSE PROMPTS AS YOUR OWN)

2) rearrange and organise these bullet points into a logical order

3) rewrite bullet points into full sentences

4) reword those sentences into formal prose

5) get rid of the point markers, merge the sentences into paragraphs, add opening phrases and connecting phrases for fluency

6) see if your paragraphs make sense or if there’s any details, additional facts, more information that you’ve researched that you could add. if so, add them

7) look at the writing as a whole, covered everything? anything you could do to rearrange or rewrite? anything else you could add to make your argument more solid? i found i needed a little more research at this stage, which i did and wrote more paragraphs following 1-5 again

iterate those steps until you’re done, or the deadline hits (whichever one is first)

good luck ! you can do it!
Reply 2
Original post by azure000
have you got a plan? go to your project proposal and find the areas you said you would cover and think about the different approaches you could take to cover those areas and what would the different things you need to do in order to cover them
once you have split those areas into subsections, assign the amount of time you need to do each of those and note it down(this helps with your ao1)
a strategy you could use to actually get writing is as follows:
1) bullet point out what you’re saying for each topic, can copy from notes (look at what you’ve researched, some other existing literature that does something similar to what ur doing, reaaaaally stuck, then ask chat gpt or something “what are some points covering x” and see if that sparks some ideas DO NOT USE THOSE PROMPTS AS YOUR OWN)
2) rearrange and organise these bullet points into a logical order
3) rewrite bullet points into full sentences
4) reword those sentences into formal prose
5) get rid of the point markers, merge the sentences into paragraphs, add opening phrases and connecting phrases for fluency
6) see if your paragraphs make sense or if there’s any details, additional facts, more information that you’ve researched that you could add. if so, add them
7) look at the writing as a whole, covered everything? anything you could do to rearrange or rewrite? anything else you could add to make your argument more solid? i found i needed a little more research at this stage, which i did and wrote more paragraphs following 1-5 again
iterate those steps until you’re done, or the deadline hits (whichever one is first)
good luck ! you can do it!

thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending