The Student Room Group

Durham or kings for law

I'm an international student and I got offers from both kings and Durham. Can someone give the pros and cons of both unis so I can come with a decision of where to go? Location wise, I find London as a nice city but I do like the peacefulness that towns have compared to large cities although it could get boring. Help!
I got into Durham and rejected from Kings for law but as an international student myself I would pick Kings if I could just for the fact that its more internationally recognised and its location (being in London) does give you an advantage when looking into internships as well as most prominent law firms are located in kings.
I don’t think a uni being in London makes it anyway advantageous in regards to getting internships.

And Durham is internationally recognised also.

They are both top unis - but very different locations to live for 3 years - so I would decide based on this. There will be many more international students in London too.
Reply 3
Both are equally good. Durham might have a slight edge if you want to become a barrister but for any other career they’re in the same tier. KCL is more well-known internationally so if you want to work abroad, it might be a better choice.
not much of a difference - do you prefer London or durham as a place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending