The Student Room Group

QTS advice or guidance please

Hey
I’m currently close to completing my first year of my primary teaching degree. I still have 2 years to complete and won’t finish till 2026. However I’ve been looking at a QTs for after it and I’m finding the information a bit of an overload. Are you required to be working in a school before you begin it for so long?. At the moment I’m not currently in a school as I have a 1 and 2 year old I look after full time. I’m worried that I won’t have the experience to get into a school for the QTS and that I’ll need to work volunteering for that long that paying for the added childcare I’ll need on top of their nurseries might be too much while I’m not in a paid job.
Original post by Mellyy90
Hey
I’m currently close to completing my first year of my primary teaching degree. I still have 2 years to complete and won’t finish till 2026. However I’ve been looking at a QTs for after it and I’m finding the information a bit of an overload. Are you required to be working in a school before you begin it for so long?. At the moment I’m not currently in a school as I have a 1 and 2 year old I look after full time. I’m worried that I won’t have the experience to get into a school for the QTS and that I’ll need to work volunteering for that long that paying for the added childcare I’ll need on top of their nurseries might be too much while I’m not in a paid job.

Doesn't your degree include QTS?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Doesn't your degree include QTS?

No it’s the degree alone as it’s through the Open University: This is why I’m so uncertain about what I need to do.
Reply 4
Thankyou 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending