The Student Room Group

MSc Pre-Reg Funding with QTS

Hi,

I’m a qualified teacher and wanting to study MSC pre-reg in Speech and Language Therapy. I’ve looked online and worried that because I have QTS, it says I can only get maintenance? It’s also asking me to fill in a paper form?

I only have an education degree (QTS), no postgrad study so can’t see why I wouldn’t be entitled to tuition and maintenance loans for an Allied Health Profession MSC Pre-reg like other graduates?

Can you share any guidance?
(edited 3 months ago)
Hi there. Could you please confirm the new course details;

Course start date
Length in years
Full-time or part-time
Name of university

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Could you please confirm the new course details;

Course start date
Length in years
Full-time or part-time
Name of university

Thanks, Leah.

October 2024
2 Years
Full Time
University of Reading/UCL/Essex
Original post by Em909090
October 2024
2 Years
Full Time
University of Reading/UCL/Essex

Hi. This type of course is an exception to our previous study rules. You can apply for full funding, providing you are not already registered in the field you are planning to study. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi. This type of course is an exception to our previous study rules. You can apply for full funding, providing you are not already registered in the field you are planning to study. Thanks, Leah.

And should I apply online? Or via paper, as my QTS setting stops my online application?

Thanks so much
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Em909090
And should I apply online? Or via paper, as my QTS setting stops my online application?

Thanks so much

Hi there,

You should still be able to apply online for the course. The 24/25 applications will go live later in the spring for you to apply on. Alternatively, if you would prefer to apply via paper (or do have issues applying online), then you can contact us once they are live and we'll link you to the application form. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending