The Student Room Group

Advise/Help Honest chances of Cambridge? - Architecture

EDIT: Definately a rejection from the uni, not just the college, and definately too late for substitutions, thanks to people who helped, Thread Obsolete

Going for K100 Architecture.
GCSEs - 3A* 2A 7B 2C
AS - AABBC [Maths, Physics, Economics, Fine Art, Critical Thinking]
A2 Predicted - AAAB

Applied to Girton College but didn't get invited to interview, still not unsuccessful on UCAS so must be in the pool.
EDIT: They told me by letter saying I hadn't got invited to interview.

I am thinking of Substituting cambridge for a realistic insurance choice

My other choices are:
[1st] Cardiff - Waiting for decision
[2nd] UCL - Rejected
[3rd] Bath - offer AAA including Art
[4th] Cambridge [Girton] - pooled
[Nuclear Option] Westminister - offer 32o points

I don't think I would actually go to westminster so was a really stupid choice, i would probably do a 3rd year at college and reapply next year.

So am thinking of substituting Cambridge for Brighton or something the wouldn't be too hard to get in to, but that would def be better than 3rd year of college if Cardiff say no, and Bath reject cause I will almost def get a B in Art.

Basically I really want an accurate assessment as to how likely it is from this point that i have of my cambridge application being successful, and so then decide whether to substitute it or not, and also advice of which substitutes will be helpful too
Reply 1
What does pooled mean - surely if you're not invited to interview that's it?
Reply 2
Jaquafresh
Applied to Girton College but didn't get invited to interview, still not unsuccessful on UCAS so must be in the pool.

What did the letter from Girton actually say?
First of all. You can find any info you may need on cambridge admission policy here:
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/

Cambridge have done most of their interviews at this point, so you probably would have heard by now if you were going to be called to interview. However it says in their policy ( as above ) that they would have informed you if you weren't going to be called for interview, so either the letter got lost ( whether you were offered an interview or not)

Personally I would ring the college
Reply 4
alex_hk90
What did the letter from Girton actually say?

"Thank you for aplplying...balh blah......

We have now had time to study all our applications in detail. I regret to tell you that, after carefully considering your application and all the information available to us, we will not be inviting you to inviting you to interview.

This decision reflects ........blah.....high competition....i am sorry for the disappointment this will cause you...

We do wish you well in your application to other institutions.

with regret
--signature--"

that's basically it the important bits are word for word
Reply 5
That's a rejection mate :smile:
Reply 6
Bugzy
That's a rejection mate :smile:

UCAS Track, doesn't have it down yet, and it's been a month.

So should i use this opportunity to substitute a choice then?
Reply 7
Jaquafresh

Oxbridge update UCAS Track in January.

Whether you can subsitute it or not I wouldn't know - but it's certainly worth a try!
Reply 8
Jaquafresh

Oxford put all of their rejections/offers on in January, so if Cambridge are like that, that'll be why.

I'd say yes...except don't substitutions need to be in the first 14 days of submitting your application?
you cant' substitute now because as Vykeera above says it needs to be within 14 days.
Reply 10
Jaquafresh
"Thank you for aplplying...balh blah......

We have now had time to study all our applications in detail. I regret to tell you that, after carefully considering your application and all the information available to us, we will not be inviting you to inviting you to interview.

This decision reflects ........blah.....high competition....i am sorry for the disappointment this will cause you...

We do wish you well in your application to other institutions.

with regret
--signature--"

that's basically it the important bits are word for word

I hate to break it to you, but if that's not a rejection, then I'm the Pope. Sorry, dude.
Jaquafresh

Cambridge tends to update Track in January. Unfortunately the letter sounds like a straight rejection to me.

Jaquafresh

If you can do that then yes, I would.
As you were unable to decipher such a blatant rejection, then maybe, juust maybe, you're not smart enough for Cambridge in any case.

Latest

Trending

Trending