The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Mushu
What you just wrote sounds perfecto :biggrin: It varies with me, sometimes I do maybe 3 hours a day + on the weekend i do quite alot. I spend the whole day (with breaks breaks breaks) practically studying! Your plan sounds pretty good hehe

When it gets near the day of the exam, I study the whole day too (with breaks obviously). One time I spent studying from 8am-11pm.
Reply 21
Mushu
What you just wrote sounds perfecto :biggrin: It varies with me, sometimes I do maybe 3 hours a day + on the weekend i do quite alot. I spend the whole day (with breaks breaks breaks) practically studying! Your plan sounds pretty good hehe

Lol feel free to steal it! :smile:
Reply 22
kellywood_5
Lol feel free to steal it! :smile:

lol so cute :smile: It's ok, I'll leave it for u. I got my own thing going :wink:
Reply 23
Haven't started yet, have some French coursework to get out of the way first. Probably start sometime during the Easter holidays, but some of the subjects I'm doing (like French) are quite difficult to revise for.
Reply 24
joesharp
Haven't started yet, have some French coursework to get out of the way first. Probably start sometime during the Easter holidays, but some of the subjects I'm doing (like French) are quite difficult to revise for.

Tell me about it, I have no idea how to revise for French other than grammar and past papers....
I'm going to start revising soon...just by reading through my notes,refreshing my memory.

Then at Easter I am going to start doing hardcore revision!
Reply 26
We have an assembly today (year 13), that he told us we should start studying now. Most of us havn't. :redface:
trev
We have an assembly today (year 13), that he told us we should start studying now. Most of us havn't. :redface:

:eek: If my teachers told me to do that I'd tell them where to go (well I wouldn't actually, but I'd be thinking it) :biggrin:
Reply 28
i mite start my revision durin the easter holidays :frown:
bozkurt
i mite start my revision durin the easter holidays :frown:

Why the ":frown: "
Reply 30
There's no way I'm going to start revising yet. I'd only forget it, and I have way too much homework to do atm!
Reply 31
cuz its gona b veri boring.... and long.. Oh well, i ned the grades so stiff revision for me.
Reply 32
Most of us will study during the easter holiday anyway.
I look through my notes on recent work occassionaly to understand them better, but I'll most likely start my proper revision around Easter.
I have still so much to actually learn...
Reply 34
endeavour
I look through my notes on recent work occassionaly to understand them better, but I'll most likely start my proper revision around Easter.
I have still so much to actually learn...

Same here. For instance, we have 1 more section in physical geography and 2 more sections to do in human geography. In addition, our class needs to start studying and preparing for the synoptic paper. I also got ICT coursework to do too.
Reply 35
M@255
Fcccckkkkkinnnnnn helllllllllllllllll. 5 hours a night OMG! You must be a very driven individual! But I think maybe 5 hrs per night at this stage is a bit too hardcore, an hour would be fine! It's still a fair while till exams, 5 hours a day is the time you should be spending when it comes to easter/study leave.

Last year I started 2 weeks before - too late but I still got the grades. I'm starting at Easter this year, just to avoid the stress of cramming later on.

Another reason why you shouldn't be doing 5 hrs a night - you'll finish too early, which is never a good thing, its good to feel under pressure towards exams (for me anyway) - I get more done. Like for Psychology AS I did lots of revision in the 2 weeks prior to the exam, but crammed like mad the day before. It works for me.

See my edit, I realised I was being a bit OTT and cut it down :smile:
Reply 36
how do you all revise; i can't really find the right way for me. I've tried timetables but never stick to it. Ive tried doing reading...lose it. And i can't get the motivation to do any revision because whatever i do is unsuccessful. The only think that works for me is short term revision, like the days preceding the exams...anyone got a better strategy for someone with a short term memory?

PK
Reply 37
Phil23
how do you all revise; i can't really find the right way for me. I've tried timetables but never stick to it. Ive tried doing reading...lose it. And i can't get the motivation to do any revision because whatever i do is unsuccessful. The only think that works for me is short term revision, like the days preceding the exams...anyone got a better strategy for someone with a short term memory?

PK

Timetables have never really worked for me either, so what I do is just plan it roughly so I know what I'm doing. For example, if I know I need to 1.5 hours of revision in an evening, I'll do it in 3 30-minute sessions and decide on the subject and topics, but I won't actually commit myself to a certain time. That way, if you have dinner earlier/later than usual, have more/less homework than usual or there's a TV programme you want to watch at a certain time, it doesn't screw up your revision. I don't think just reading actually works; you need to be active. You could try reading a paragraph and then writing down what you can remember as bullet points, a spider diagram or something like that. Some people find it helps to stick these on the wall where you'll see them regularly, or if you learn by hearing things, you could record your notes on a tape and play it back. Revision cards are good for making sure you pick out the key points and you could try making up a set of questions for each topic.
Reply 38
kellywood_5
Timetables have never really worked for me either, so what I do is just plan it roughly so I know what I'm doing. For example, if I know I need to 1.5 hours of revision in an evening, I'll do it in 3 30-minute sessions and decide on the subject and topics, but I won't actually commit myself to a certain time. That way, if you have dinner earlier/later than usual, have more/less homework than usual or there's a TV programme you want to watch at a certain time, it doesn't screw up your revision. I don't think just reading actually works; you need to be active. You could try reading a paragraph and then writing down what you can remember as bullet points, a spider diagram or something like that. Some people find it helps to stick these on the wall where you'll see them regularly, or if you learn by hearing things, you could record your notes on a tape and play it back. Revision cards are good for making sure you pick out the key points and you could try making up a set of questions for each topic.

Also, I think after reading a paragraph and stuff like that, try to find past papers with the questions related to the paragraph you just read, and write them down, so you will know what question and answer to write in the exam.
[SIZE=4] :eek: wow, ok this has actually shocked me into doing a revision timetable lol

although....does anyone else find it hard to concentrate on revision when u have oodles of coursework 2do and teachers do not stop giving you damn essays???!!!

and what is the date of the jan exam results??

Applied for Law at:
Sheffield: AAA (poss. firm)
Warwick: AAAc (poss. firm)
Southampton: AAA
Bristol: pending
Oxford Brookes: BBB (insurance)
Nottingham: rejection :mad:

Latest