The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

AshP
Yep the question did say which is least adpted. It was out of sunflower castor and tobacco. Im pretty sure i wrote sunflower.

Are we still talking about Unit 1 here? cause i dont remember that question :| oh oh..
Reply 41
yo astrophoenix

im from BIT (bangladesh international tutorial). what bout u? the question bout the plants asked which was LEAST adapted to live in dry conditions. deifnately castor oil cause it had the most stomata on upper epidermis and lower epidermis. this reulsts in increased water loss and transpiration which is detrimental etc etc. yup..... i also gve the carbs all contain OH groups. they gotta count that cause it maeks sense lol. im confused bout the molecular mass q. i put proteins thats all i know. hope its right....
fhossain
yo astrophoenix

im from BIT (bangladesh international tutorial). what bout u? the question bout the plants asked which was LEAST adapted to live in dry conditions. deifnately castor oil cause it had the most stomata on upper epidermis and lower epidermis. this reulsts in increased water loss and transpiration which is detrimental etc etc. yup..... i also gve the carbs all contain OH groups. they gotta count that cause it maeks sense lol. im confused bout the molecular mass q. i put proteins thats all i know. hope its right....

What the...
I answered which one was the most likely to survive (I think, I am not sure anymore, dhur) but then I also wrote the rreason that the surface which has the least number of stomata on the upper surface has a better chance of surviving...what are my chances of survivng withat least one mark in this question??? :s :s :s :s :s :s
In June all the papers were accessible two days after the exam...do any of you guys know how to get hold of them? (now, not 4 months later) so I at least remember the questions?
Reply 44
hmm it was a friggin nasty paper man. all the units were differnt from before.... we cant tell how we did tell we get a mark scheme or something. hey tomar chem practical kemon hoise? bangla te kotha bolo tahole ei british ra bujbe na looool. ami matro dilam. damn man titre ki chilo?
fhossain
hmm it was a friggin nasty paper man. all the units were differnt from before.... we cant tell how we did tell we get a mark scheme or something. hey tomar chem practical kemon hoise? bangla te kotha bolo tahole ei british ra bujbe na looool. ami matro dilam. damn man titre ki chilo?

Chemistry AS? Chemistry As ami June 2007 - e disi. I did pretty well in that paper. Physics pura baash chilo though...how was yours? if it didn't go as well as you thought don't sweat it, Edexcel is very unpredictable. I am just depressed je unit 2 ami mess up korsi. It was 3 mark question right? I don't remember exactly. :frown:
hey instead of writing oestrogen inhibits the secretion of FSH and LH, I wrote it inhibits its production. Is that one mark out of the window?
by the therduscle theory . explain that and your sorted.
What other questions were there?
Reply 49
Yes with the second mark for oestrogen I just whacked in development of breasts as a fail safe as really couldn't think of anything else!
But would I get any mark for saying FSH and LH PRODUCTION was inhibited (actually saying secretion inhibited or simply FSH/LH inhibited would have been correct, but being the smartass I am I have to go a level further and say "production" and dig my own grave :frown: )
Reply 51
Well I suppose the two aren't too dissimilar because if inhibiting secretion is different inhibiting production then if secretion is inhibited where exactly dues the produced oestrogen go? Like there's no storage vesicles or anything. And if it inhibits thier activity but they're still produced then its not inhibiting their secretion it's inhibiting their action on their target receptor cells.
ok, DNA i am pretty sure was the molecule with the highest mass.

For what the molecules had in common structurally, i got the glycosidic bonds, but then i panicked, so stupidly wrote hydrogen bonds for point 2.

Im worried about the mark scheme alot! why is it designed that you can know everything about biology, but if you dont mention stupid things then you dont get the points! Like on teh flower adaptation ones in a past paper, you needed to say that the insect/bee lands on teh petal! What the hell!
does anyone have link to the exam?
can't find it on the site :s-smilie:
boourns
Well I suppose the two aren't too dissimilar because if inhibiting secretion is different inhibiting production then if secretion is inhibited where exactly dues the produced oestrogen go? Like there's no storage vesicles or anything. And if it inhibits thier activity but they're still produced then its not inhibiting their secretion it's inhibiting their action on their target receptor cells.

thnx. I don't if they will take my answer but still nice of you to think they will :frown:
Wait you guys are talking about the old spec exam right?

Latest

Trending

Trending