The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I bet they just registered like that. I don't think you can change them once you've gone through the first bit. I know people who didn't realise and put their middle name in and I bet they would get rid of it if they could, but they haven't.
Reply 2
cokeclock
I bet they just registered like that. I don't think you can change them once you've gone through the first bit. I know people who didn't realise and put their middle name in and I bet they would get rid of it if they could, but they haven't.

You can do that.
Its in settings
Reply 3
you can change the name that everybody views, my friend has done that like ten times, but it has to be approved by the admin, what you cant change is the name that you've registered with... i think its in the settings bit...
Reply 4
Yeah, Facebook's name-changing thing is pretty crazy...
My friend tried to sign up under his actual name, 'Liam Pickles', and it kept telling him to use a real name! Was ridiculous. In the end he set up an account under the name 'Noel Edmonds' and that was fine. Eventually he managed to change it to his real name!

Also, I change my name to things sometimes, at the moment my surname is 'Tablecloth' and apparently that's fine by the approvers...
Reply 5
Either they have put it as "P" or they just have really high privacy settings?
Reply 6
Put what as "P"?

so are we basically saying i cant have my surname as an initial?
for some reason these twins i know have separate birthdates (far away from each other) and have different surnames!!!
Reply 8
doesnt answer my question:P
Reply 9
It says it takes 24 hours for it to change so maybe it has worked but you won't know until tomorrow, maybe?
Reply 10
it says it takes 24 hours yes, but it changes instantly.

try it..
Reply 11
Sometimes it doesn't change instantly, though... I think it depends how busy they are or something, maybe? Or what time it is in America. Like, as to how quickly they check it. If mine doesn't go through immediately though I just persist and keep trying and normally it changes eventually...
Reply 12
setting- my accout- name

then put first name : noel
second name: e

it takes a day sometimes
My friend's 'Captain Fantastic Etc.'
His real name's got like 10 superheroes in his middle name :/
Reply 14
dhan312
However when I try and change mine, it won't let me.

Never seen a name with a single initial I'm afriad - and Facebook wouldn't allow me to have a single letter when I signed up...

However, one of my friends changes his name pretty much every month and has never had any trouble :s-smilie:
And one of my other friends literally has no name in his profile!
So it must be possible somehow!

QuantumTheory
My friend's 'Captain Fantastic Etc.'
His real name's got like 10 superheroes in his middle name :/

You know that guy?! Awesome!

Latest

Trending

Trending