The Student Room Group

psychology pya4 how did everyone do?

Personally I thought the questions were good:smile: , I did the relationships one, the pro and anti social behaviour and the biological rhythms one. The dissolution of relationships is always a good bet because theres so much to write about, environmental stressors on aggressive behaviour has a wealth of research to delve into as well. The worst was the biological rhythms one, I couldn't think of enough stuff to write, then made the classic mistake of just writing loads of stuff about rem sleep. In the end I ended up going on to talk about research into the disruptions of rhythms, is that ok? Do they mind you going slightly of course and bringing in other stuff?:confused:
i didnt see the pro & anti social one :/ arghhh i couldv'e done that :frown:
Reply 2
No way! Thats such bad luck,it was question 3 right after the relationships one. Neve mind, Im sure you will have done ok anyway, what grade do you want/need?
B :frown: you?
Reply 4
I have to get a B, but could really do with an A on this one :frown:
Reply 5
2 and 3 were good. 5 i wasn't expecting :s-smilie: Waffled a bit. I spoke about siffre and russell et al

Bear in mind this is supposed to be the hardest psychology exam for A level so it will seem harder.
Reply 6
I did 2,3, and 5 also. Wasn't expecting rhythms and I forgot all the A02 for it but it went alright,
anyones arm nearly fall off?
Reply 7
Yeah 5 minutes in my wrist was killing me haha! So used to typing everything I think I need to re learn how to write!
im still really annoyed about not seeing the anti-social question i learnt everything on that but i guess i didnt learn pro-social so maybe wouldnt have done well on it anyway
Reply 9
I was pretty happy with my questions. :smile:
I did
4. methods of investigating the brain
7. Face recognition
13?(ithink) Classical and operant conditioning.

Lucky for me those three things are what my teachers have been going on about for weeks, so all was ok. Just got to worry about biology tomorrow now!
XskittyX
I was pretty happy with my questions. :smile:
I did
4. methods of investigating the brain
7. Face recognition
13?(ithink) Classical and operant conditioning.

Lucky for me those three things are what my teachers have been going on about for weeks, so all was ok. Just got to worry about biology tomorrow now!

you did question 4.) too? not many schools do that we didnt even have a revision notes for it =/
Reply 11
MeanMachine
you did question 4.) too? not many schools do that we didnt even have a revision notes for it =/

I know not many schools do it, which is exactly why my teacher chose to make us do it! he's strange like that.. apparently the examiners are more easy going with marks on that paper because its deemed more difficult. Personally i found it the easiest of my questions. :smile:

How come you had no notes? thats not good teaching!
Reply 12
I did the questions on environmental stressors, biological rhythms and structures to do with emotion in the brain. Fail fail fail.
Reply 13
I did 2, 3 and 5, like many of you guys. I thought it was okay. Didn't bank on the predictions and glad as well! I would have been screwed otherwise. I thought the biological rhythms one was a bit vague though. You could have written anything! I wrote about circadian, infradian and how they are affected by exogenous/endogenous factors... anyone else?
Reply 14
Yeah I started writing stuff about the disruption of bio rhythms, cant see why that shouldnt be allowed, its all on the same topic :smile:
Reply 15
Caronnn
I did 2, 3 and 5, like many of you guys. I thought it was okay. Didn't bank on the predictions and glad as well! I would have been screwed otherwise. I thought the biological rhythms one was a bit vague though. You could have written anything! I wrote about circadian, infradian and how they are affected by exogenous/endogenous factors... anyone else?

YES YES, i wrote exactly that

I quote from the other thread

"
Bio rhythms - Focused on Circadian and Ultradian, and how endo and exo factors affect them. Siffre, Foulkard, Czeisler, Duffy, Green, Reitman, Timonem, Luce and Segal + lots of AO2 with SCN mentioned"
Reply 16
You do face recognition in PYA4 now? Jesus.
Reply 17
Stex Bomb
YES YES, i wrote exactly that

I quote from the other thread

"
Bio rhythms - Focused on Circadian and Ultradian, and how endo and exo factors affect them. Siffre, Foulkard, Czeisler, Duffy, Green, Reitman, Timonem, Luce and Segal + lots of AO2 with SCN mentioned"

Woop! Glad I'm not the only one. The question was a bit vague, so I'm hoping that what we did is fine.

I think we pretty much have the same essay!

Latest

Trending

Trending