The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
sublime_envy
hey guys! long time no see! Got into the squadron, start flying jan 4th. Im well excited! Hope everyone is well and those who went to OASC did well!

Hey, thats great :smile:
So what have you done ref uni course?
Reply 1981
REME-Bod
I thought their full name was "East Fife Nil" :biggrin:

they arnt that bad! they managed 17 points this season! in the 3rd division :redface:
Scorg
they arnt that bad! they managed 17 points this season! in the 3rd division :redface:

Exactly:biggrin:
REME-Bod

Bleep test was OK too. I managed a 11-2 which I was a bit disappointed with, but it still gives an 'Excellent' grade. (And I AM an old sod now so fairs fair!)

I had to do the bleep test during a visit to a base with the nice AFCO people last week! I only managed 9.8 so will have to get working on my fitness. :frown: Not sure what I should be aiming for, someone said it was arorund 7-8 for girls, but I don't know what excellent would be;any ideas?
Have a look at the new smilies :smile: :snoozing: :juggle: :battle: :worm: :punk: :bath:
Does anyone know when the December OASC review board is?

Many thanks.
semisonic
Does anyone know when the December OASC review board is?

Many thanks.

Someone on an earlier page was waiting for the Dec board to sit, but can't remember who it was. sorry, I can't be bothered to look, but you might want to :smile:
Nikki J S
Someone on an earlier page was waiting for the Dec board to sit, but can't remember who it was. sorry, I can't be bothered to look, but you might want to :smile:

Nik01... come on down!!

Any joy yet, mate?
REME, hows the finger? :smile:
Nikki J S
REME, hows the finger? :smile:

sore, but mending.

I'm a real Mong, though. I was being a caring sharing man of the milennium last night, and making dinner for my wife... and I managed to slice open my thumb and forefinger on my left hand with the top of a tin can! 5 minutes later I burnt my other hand on a saucepan!

Lesson learnt... it's a lot safer to dial for a pizza! (assuming I don't chop off my dialling finger).
REME-Bod
sore, but mending.

I'm a real Mong, though. I was being a caring sharing man of the milennium last night, and making dinner for my wife... and I managed to slice open my thumb and forefinger on my left hand with the top of a tin can! 5 minutes later I burnt my other hand on a saucepan!

Lesson learnt... it's a lot safer to dial for a pizza! (assuming I don't chop off my dialling finger).

Sounds like you're a tad distracted with something else :laugh:
:eek: men should never be let loose in the kitchen! I have learned that from my fiance! She must have loved the fact you tried to spoil her though. Did the dinner work out in the end after you had bandaged yourself up?
sublime_envy
:eek: men should never be let loose in the kitchen!

Can't believe that you've said that:eek: No-one could be any worse than me at cooking :hahaha:
sublime_envy
:eek: men should never be let loose in the kitchen! I have learned that from my fiance! She must have loved the fact you tried to spoil her though. Did the dinner work out in the end after you had bandaged yourself up?

Naah, she just moaned that I used a tea-towel to stem the flow of blood as it gushed forcibly from my veins. Not a word of concern about the fact that I could have been lying dead on the kitchen floor... just a dirty look and "I suppose I'll have to soak this, now" mumbled under her breath.

There's gratitude for you.

:mad:

AND ANOTHER THING!!!

Has this site been off line all week just so some smart-arse can create a few more smileys!!?!

eeee, it were different in my day..... when I was a lad.... Eeee, during the war..... no respect, these young 'uns....
lol no someone hacked the server and brought it down so they had to update security and get everything online again
Reply 1995
sublime_envy

You best not be saying that to my dad :wink: Ex Army Chef there, so knows his way around a kitchen no problem!
Reply 1996
Apparently the review was happening on 10th December. No news as yet... :frown:
cheers buddy. thats the news i wanted to hear!! I read on another forum the october review took place around the 8th..so you saying the 10th..would seem to reflect the pattern!!!

Are you in the mixer too?? To know by Xmas would be great..I can get on with my life either way!!
Reply 1998
hi can someone explain what a review is (is it where the group captain decides how you have done?)
A review is another level of filtering.

Its being used by the RAF at the moment as they're reducing recruitment numbers. So whereas they would run an OASC and make offers/rejections the week after (or whatever), they are now putting any offers forward to a review board. This review board will 'review' all would-have-been offers from over the last 3 (?) months, and pick the best 10% - or however many they need.

Some branches (i.e. medical etc.) aren't goign to review boards as the RAF is gasping for them!!

Hope that helps!!

Latest