The Student Room Group

A level choices help!

I'm in Year 12 and currently studying AS Maths, Further Maths, French and Music. I don't know which subject to drop next year. I definitely want to keep Maths and Further Maths as I want to do Maths at Uni but I don't know whether it makes any difference to my chances if I drop French or Music.

I enjoy Music more and am probably better at it but am not sure whether it is considered a 'soft' option by Universities.

Any help appreciated as well as any ideas for careers you think I might enjoy...

Thanks
Reply 1
French is an awesome A-level and languages always look good for uni nd jobs later on? but then again I never studied music so I wouldnt know? Maybe choose on how your doing in them this year? the one you find easiest may be the less stressful A2
Okay...hard one...
1) you should choose the one you would get the highest grade in...sounds like music for you?
BUT
2) Choose one which is seen as a tougher option by Unis: French

Well, i do know that unis LOVE languages and they are seen as v useful - as Yogity said before me =]

If it were my choice i would choose french, however, its not mine its yours...and i dont enjoy music as much as you...im actually in Y11 atm anyways but i may be taking music nxt year =]

X g luck
You don't need to choose yet. Why not wait until results day? :smile:

Latest