The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
laroux555
cool.
i know this sounds silly, but i feel that with a folder for each A level, that will just make me stressed and realise how much work we have.
however if i just put important notes for all subjects in one folder, (separated of course) than i dont get stressed.
stupid i know! i want to get organsised like you norfolkdam lol

Well it depends what you write on your notes, whether its great details or just the bare basics for understanding. I just file my notes with a folder for each subject and keep any important handouts inside. When i revise i normally re-write some of my notes to make them clearer and neater also cut down on the detail.
The tesco plastic wallets are best, the extra strong ones, they don't tear or crease because the plastic is thicker and of better quality. The others you can buy can get scruffy :smile:
i vaguely put them in to order of subject. that's about it though.
I had one big folder that I kept at home and would keep my paper notes there separated with dividers. Anything I needed to take back into College I'd put into smaller folders for each subject or they would be on my laptop.

I always used to hole punch the paper - plastic wallets are my pet hate.
All notes, marked work, handouts, etc. go into a spiral-bound lined A4 pad.

No plastic wallets, no chunky folders, no broken rings. Just one solid chunk of paper held together solely by faith that I won't drop it.
Reply 25
laroux555
so you take your mac into lessons?!
what if ur mac gets stolen lol

Half the people in our lectures and tutorials bring their laptops, bit different at uni I wouldn't take it to school
in a ring binder until exams then in the (recycle) BIN
Reply 27
is £11 for 5 small ring binders expensive or a good deal?
Reply 28
A stack of packed lever-arch files for my handwritten notes, several box files for handouts, a few more for tutorial work, a box full of index cards for organic reactions, a pile of lab books...
At college I had a folder per subject where it was supposed to be new work at the back but it all went to pot when I stuffed it in anywhere in a rush to get out the room and go home, but the idea was there, just badly executed.
Reply 30
bigman_ben
At college I had a folder per subject where it was supposed to be new work at the back but it all went to pot when I stuffed it in anywhere in a rush to get out the room and go home, but the idea was there, just badly executed.

Ditto. Only i do with a single (too small) folder.
Im currently in the process of typing the past years notes to put in my big brand new red and shiny lever arch file. You should see the state of my dining room table; and the look on my mothers face when she saw it all. Epic.
Reply 31
yushuak
Ditto. Only i do with a single (too small) folder.
Im currently in the process of typing the past years notes to put in my big brand new red and shiny lever arch file. You should see the state of my dining room table; and the look on my mothers face when she saw it all. Epic.

well then say to her: at least i'm not some chav scum. lol
Reply 32
A lever-arch files for each semester (divided by subject name, further divided by lecturer), put my handouts in plastic wallets for each subject. I usually just take my notepad in, then when I come home, just file it away.
Reply 33
Method
A lever-arch files for each semester (divided by subject name, further divided by lecturer), put my handouts in plastic wallets for each subject. I usually just take my notepad in, then when I come home, just file it away.

i just feel that filing away pieces of paper leaves them "unprotected" like i need to plastic wallet each one. of course this is ridiculously tedious.
and yes, i do have OCD:smile:
Reply 34
laroux555
i just feel that filing away pieces of paper leaves them "unprotected" like i need to plastic wallet each one. of course this is ridiculously tedious.
and yes, i do have OCD:smile:

you serious? sorry i'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious lol. if so very tedious! if i had to do that i'd have no time to get anywork done and filing would become my life :biggrin: plus if you plastic wallet each piece your folder would be full in no time :rolleyes:
I use ring binders for handouts & for notes i've made i use microsoft office's ONE NOTE....its amazing....
Reply 36
what is this ONE NOTE? link?
File...? I have a lot of different binders etc, but in the end I gave up and brought stacks of cheap bound notebooks. Everything is so neat now :smile:
it's more effort to put notes in / out of plastic wallets than to hole-punch a big pile of papers.

I have a big lever arch file for each module and small folders which i take to school. And then every week i transfer between the two what i no longer need at school. Works well for me!
Ellafabulous
I use ring binders for handouts & for notes i've made i use microsoft office's ONE NOTE....its amazing....

I used OneNote for revision, worked quite well because you can move stuff around easier than in Word, so you can put stuff that goes together, together.

For Maths I have an exercise book, we don't get handouts, I make notes in the book.
For Chemistry and Biology we get a pack of activity sheets that I put in a ringbinder, then slot my notes in where they're relevant. E.g. 8 sides of A4 notes on arenes slots in next to "Investigating the reactions of benzene". That way, the theory is right next to the application so you know where to find it all.
I hole punch, but I have a plastic wallet at the front, where I shove un-hole-punched sheets until it gets too full and I sort them out :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending