The Student Room Group

Ucas - embargo/ grades to uni question

I have a question if I may.

How does Ucas physically update the universities with your grades?

Is it a file that is sent to each uni or are the grades held on your Ucas record ( but just not visible to you)

Can the Ucas contact advisors see your grades? I get that theres an embargo and they cant tell you, but do they actually have visibility of the grades on your record?

Thanks
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
The exam boards supply the grades to UCAS who sends them on to your F and I Universities.
This happens while UCAS is closed to applicants so that Unis can process results / decisions without you seeing them.

On Results Day morning, your school/college gets access to these decisions - and your grades - half-an-hour before UCAS opens for applicants. This is so that they are ready for your questions and any need for advice. They are strictly forbidden from telling you anything before the embargo lifts and you can see everything on UCAS.
Original post by McGinger
The exam boards supply the grades to UCAS who sends them on to your F and I Universities.
This happens while UCAS is closed to applicants so that Unis can process results / decisions without you seeing them.

On Results Day morning, your school/college gets access to these decisions - and your grades - half-an-hour before UCAS opens for applicants. This is so that they are ready for your questions and any need for advice. They are strictly forbidden from telling you anything before the embargo lifts and you can see everything on UCAS.

Thank You.

I wanted to know how Ucas send the results to the universities. Any idea?
Reply 3
Original post by Alexanderlouis

I wanted to know how Ucas send the results to the universities.

Why.
Pure interest - just wanted to know
Reply 5
Original post by Alexanderlouis
Pure interest - just wanted to know

The same way all info is relayed between UCAS and Unis - an online digital file.
Universities receive results either via odbc or xml database linkages.

They can also log into weblink - a ucas portal for university staff to see applications of their own applicants and those in clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending