The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Though I'm not currently out there, I was last year (07-08) for 9 months, check out some of my previous posts (such as this one - I've written a few long posts on NZ in the last few months that might be useful to you. Any specific questions just quote or PM me. :smile:
Reply 2
It really depends what job you want to do. Usually backpacker jobs aren't very well paid but they are a lot of fun. My friend is a bunji instructor and has been out there over a year now! It an awesome country!
Reply 3
i spent nearly a year in nz, work isnt fantastic pay, but everything else is cheap, think majority of backpackers work through temping agencies,

I'd def recommend kiwi experience or another backpacking bus company to see the sights! its cheap and great for travelers on ur todd!
New Zealand is such an azmaing country! but queenstown over rated and over priced, so if you doing all the crazy adventure things like sky diving, try Taupo/one of the glaciers. usualy the buses know the cheapest best trips and u usuay get a backpacker discount!!

Dont plan too strict a schedual, i'd originaly planned to stop for 3 month and was there a year! its amazing, you'll love it!!
Reply 4
ooo just remember you must go to the glow worm, waitomo caves, go on a day tour underground, think its 7 hours, but easy, u get to rock climb, black water raft, zip wire and look at amazing natural glow worms and strange caves...definitly a high light!

O and if you got plenty of time, do an over night walk through abel tasmin, BEAUTIFUL....

Glaciers a must see! do heli-hike if poss as you get taken to the top where ice is much cleaner worth the extra cash!

now im rambeling, nz rules!!
Reply 5
ooo just remember you must go to the glow worm, waitomo caves, go on a day tour underground, think its 7 hours, but easy, u get to rock climb, black water raft, zip wire and look at amazing natural glow worms and strange caves...definitly a high light!

O and if you got plenty of time, do an over night walk through abel tasmin, BEAUTIFUL....

Glaciers a must see! do heli-hike if poss as you get taken to the top where ice is much cleaner worth the extra cash!

now im rambeling, nz rules!!

Latest