The Student Room Group

Royal Holloway, London or Glasgow??? :S

There are so many differences I'm finding it too hard to pick.

Obviously they're at different ends of the country;
Glasgow's a hugggge central campus, whereas RH is small and 20 miles from London so I don't know if travel's an issue, but then it could be easier to make friends?;
Glasgow's known for it's night life, but I'm quite shy, find it hard making friends etc and not sure if I'd fit into that;
London's expensive, but I'm going to get into debt wherever I go;
The thing that I hate about Glasgow is the course - I'm app for Eng Lit and I looked down the reading list for last year and I've already read half the books for A level and I'd have to do Eng Lang for a year which I hate, but I love the look of the course at RH.

So yeah - it's all to do with location - which is the best?

Phew that was a bit long winded :*
Come to Glasgow.
Go for the course, it'll make you happier.
And RHUL is beautiful.
Bubbles*de*Milo
Go for the course, it'll make you happier.
And RHUL is beautiful.

Glasgow is more beautiful and you know it.
Reply 4
RamocitoMorales
Glasgow is more beautiful and you know it.

:redface: Pressure! Lol. Yeah Glasgow is gorgeous! But then RH has the lovely Founders building :x
the course is really most important. dont go to glasgow!!
ellie_flower
dont go to glasgow!!

Why not?
Reply 7
RamocitoMorales
Why not?

But why should I go to Glasgow? :P

And yeah I am really worried about the course -but what if I hate RH?! I'm so bad at making decisions...:/
fallen__roses
But why should I go to Glasgow? :P

And yeah I am really worried about the course -but what if I hate RH?! I'm so bad at making decisions...:/

Go to whichever one you like. But Glasgow is the superior university.
Reply 9
From what you've said it sounds like you have almost made the decision yourself, and that's the most important thing, that it is your decision.
The course is the most important aspect of your choice definately and that's one reason to choose Royal Holloway, if you are unhappy with the course you will have a miserable three years and possibly wasted if you don't do as well because of a lack of motivation. Granted i am slightly biased because it's my choice but still! Also it is stunningly beautiful, and the teachers seemed lovely. I can't go out much so the quiet scene was better for me, but if you go we should go out for a drink!! There's a social life everywhere especially with this forum going on!
See you in September :wink:
Saenia
From what you've said it sounds like you have almost made the decision yourself, and that's the most important thing, that it is your decision.
The course is the most important aspect of your choice definately and that's one reason to choose Royal Holloway, if you are unhappy with the course you will have a miserable three years and possibly wasted if you don't do as well because of a lack of motivation. Granted i am slightly biased because it's my choice but still! Also it is stunningly beautiful, and the teachers seemed lovely. I can't go out much so the quiet scene was better for me, but if you go we should go out for a drink!! There's a social life everywhere especially with this forum going on!
See you in September :wink:

Yeah I think I am leaning towards RH, but I'm just so nervous I'm making the wrong choice!! :3
Haha! Wow, as if we could be both in the same lecture in a few months! That's so weird! Have you decided on accomodation yet?
Reply 11
Yup :smile: Tuke n Butler and W n G are my first choices, do you have any preferences? you need to get a move on actually if you wanna have any choice really it opened a few days ago :s-smilie: I know it's scary but maybe it's time to take the plunge, i was lucky i didn't have any choices that appealed to me as much as RH so my choice was easy but normally i panic too!!
Reply 12
from your post Id say Glasgow

Latest

Trending

Trending