The Student Room Group
No.

Saturn does not help me get girls.
Reply 2
Wild_Precious_Life
““When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.””

Do you agree with this or not and why?

No...
MOST people don't achieve their goals (thus how common midlife crises are).
Reply 3
And Pluto isn't doing a good job in getting married now is it?
No, it does the opposite in reality.
Reply 5
OoPoo
And Pluto isn't doing a good job in getting married now is it?

HOLY HELL how do you make them move?
i don't like it...

because if you really want something which you simply cannot have, people will think you're a failure...given that the whole, entire universe had your back, and yet, you still couldn't get your way.

talk about a pressure cooker!
Halle Burton
i don't like it...

because if you really want something which you simply cannot have, people will think you're a failure...given that the whole, entire universe had your back, and yet, you still couldn't get your way.

talk about a pressure cooker!

That made me laugh!
Wild_Precious_Life
““When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.””

Do you agree with this or not and why?

That sounds like a Geoff Thompson quote, he often mentions the universe wanting us to expand and so forth in his articles: http://blog.geoffthompson.com/archives/69

I think it's true to an extent. I mean lots of people want to be millionaires, but how many of them even attempt to make it to the top in their chosen field, or attempt to start up their own business? not many. I think if you really really want something and you're committied to achieving that goal, then it will happen. You might have alot of setbacks and failures along the way and it may even take you years, but if you're that committed and you have persistence then it's almost inevitable that it will happen. It happens because of you and your actions, I think dressing it up as some power of the universe is just a fancy way of describing that.

People often say 'oh he's rich, he's lucky isn't he?' well unless he's won the lottery or come into inheritance, then no. Most rich people have worked extremely hard to get where they are and have made sacrafices that many people on the sidelines aren't prepared to. Calling it lucky is just a way of dressing it up, to cover the fact that it's very very hard. I think the same applies here.

Latest

Trending

Trending