The Student Room Group

EPQ Presentation

My EPQ is a dissertation on the Bangladesh Liberation War, what should the presentation include? How would you increase your fluency and prevent yourself from just looking at your notes?

Thanks
Original post by Maria._
My EPQ is a dissertation on the Bangladesh Liberation War, what should the presentation include? How would you increase your fluency and prevent yourself from just looking at your notes?

Thanks

Hey! I did my presentation as of about a week and a half ago, it went well so I can give you some tips.

Write a timeline about how your project has evolved since you first wrote your question! its not a requirement but helped me endlessly.

write roughly four bullet points on summarising your project

Cover your research topics, you only have 10 mins so pick the most interesting ones and discuss in depth

Discuss your findings, have your perspectives changed since you wrote your question? Did you learn anything you'd never realised before?

I did an interview so I was able to include a few quotes from that, if theres a peice of writing or study you liked, pull a quote and dedicate a slide to it, again going more in depth with your research

Talk about what you gained from your project, what you enjoyed from it and what you would do if you could do it again (dont just say 'if i had more time i'd do this' because you've had time and you don't want to make it look like you didn't use your time properly) For example I said I would interview a larger sample size with a more diverse group of opinions.

Tips on presenting:

Dont write a paragraph of notes or a speech, summarise what you want to say in bullet points, and do your best to express passion for your topic by speaking what you truly believe and/ or feel

If you're able too, walk around your presenting area, this means you can make notes on your powerpoint slides (in presenter mode) and glance at the screen incase you become unsure

Dont be afraid to take pauses to gather your ideas!

If you don't know what to say in the Q&A, say something like 'oh thats a really interesting perspective I hadn't considered before, I dont know the answer but I would love to find out more on that' - dont make it up to seem clever, it's just not worth it lol

That's all I can think of for now, If you have any questions or need better advice feel free to drop me a message.

Reply 2
theyve kinda said it but what mine mainly focussed on was more the research process and lowk regurgitating what'd been said in my production log as for my examboard a big focus was acc on the production log. i included the skills i learnt, things id wish id done differently, any troubles i had and how i overcame them and my overall conclusion on the question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending