The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

tomtom:)
Top floors be reserved for postgrads (Y)

I swear Lodz was on floor 20 with Baumgarten...
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Yeah one of my friends got fined for not getting out of the building in a fire alarm, she had to go to some meeting thingy.

I don't think you'd get fined if a real fire was stopping you getting out :P
FM08
I just submitted my application, I was Application number 2067 out of 2117 places! I probably won't even get into Stafford now.

Just wondering on what grounds they can reject your application (as I saw that option at the end)?
Also am I guaranteed standard accom? Because I don't want Lakeside but obviously put it down as 2nd choice, I just hope those remaining 50 pllaces aren't in Lakeside or something.

You won't get Lakeside if you put Standard as your first choice because there are enough Standard places to go round for people who want them.
Reply 43
tomtom:)
Top floors be reserved for postgrads (Y)

Tends to be more final years than postgrads, afaik
hannah_dru
I swear Lodz was on floor 20 with Baumgarten...

This year they've put more 3rd years/postgrads in to try and stop the fire alarms from going off so much...
FM08
Wouldn't the fire rise leaving you to jump out the window? And set time? I don't get how you can set a time for a fire? It's likely I am missing something crucial here. Maybe how long a fire takes to rise, I don't know.

There are fire doors, which should have a 30 min timing on them (as in it takes 30 mins to burn through that door) so unless the fire is in the stairwells (very unlikely) you have 30 mins safety (but by then security/fire will be onto it)
Oh, and the smoke detectors are fairly sensitive, so it should be fine! (when the shower exploded the smoke alarm went off because of the steam before we even knew it had exploded)
raspberrybubbles
This year they've put more 3rd years/postgrads in to try and stop the fire alarms from going off so much...

Sounds like a good idea. Does it work?
We've only had about 6 fire alarms, if that's what you mean...?
And we had a lot more, with completely freshers in Dalton, so probably.
raspberrybubbles
We've only had about 6 fire alarms, if that's what you mean...?

Make that 7 :wink:
Reply 50
i havent heard anything about my accomodation and i applied early
cocoangel
i havent heard anything about my accomodation and i applied early

All you'll hear is that its awaiting verification or something like that. They won't let you know anything properly until results day.
Reply 52
really thats so annoying
cocoangel
really thats so annoying

They can't allocate you in case you don't get in cos it'd screw everything up.
Reply 54
makes sense thanx
Welcome :smile:

Latest