The Student Room Group

Student finance advice

I moved into student accomodation, but have decided to commute instead. I understand that this means my student finance will change as I am now living at home. However, I was wondering if the reduced maintenance loan would take into account the fact that I lived away from home temporarily, as I have had to pay a substantial amount in rent during this time? Thanks!
Original post by TheSuckUpStudent
I moved into student accomodation, but have decided to commute instead. I understand that this means my student finance will change as I am now living at home. However, I was wondering if the reduced maintenance loan would take into account the fact that I lived away from home temporarily, as I have had to pay a substantial amount in rent during this time? Thanks!

Hi there,

You'd be pro rata'd for any periods you previously were living 'elsewhere' during the academic year. Have you updated us now (with the date you moved back home)? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

You'd be pro rata'd for any periods you previously were living 'elsewhere' during the academic year. Have you updated us now (with the date you moved back home)? Thanks, Jason

Not yet as I'm still living in accomodation until I find a new tennant but I will update it once I move :smile:
Not yet as I'm still living in accomodation until I find a new tennant but I will update it once I move :smile:

Thank you. Is this for a full time course you're studying? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you. Is this for a full time course you're studying? Thanks, Jason

Yep!
Yep!

Thanks. You can upload this form https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_co1_form_2324_o.pdf to your account once you change your living location (with the date from when this changes). Your funding will then be updated. Currently this takes 15 working days but timescales are always estimates and can change on a day to day basis. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending